Apr 2, 2011

It was unintentional

This post is dedicated to being a teacher.

You know when you're mad, and that's it, the fun, and the atmosphere is ruined. When you could have a smooth and chilled out lesson, instead it's just...scary? One kid somehow, unintentionally, manages to flip the negativity of the room just by saying the simplest and silliest thing...unintentionally. I could start laughing my head off right in the middle of explaining something.

Many occasions with my students have reminded me of something that I had done, unintentionally, during my school days. I was grade 10 and one early morning, I decided to tidy up our HUGE shelve (which was the width of the whole back wall) at the back of the class. I was such a super duper neat freak it wasn't healthy xD Anyways, our English teacher had given each of us the task of filling up a jar with new words that we learn through out the week. We kept all the jars in a corner, and being the neat freak I was, I just didn't like them there so I moved them to the center of the shelve lol

Come English lesson, our teacher entered the class in what seemed to be the mother of all worst moods possible. It was obvious the lesson isn't going to be its usual, and well, he's a scary person when angry (but one of the favorites). We started out the lesson and as expected, he got mad at any little thing. Suddenly he blurts out:

Eng. Teacher: "I'm really disappointed grade 10...(stuff I can't remember) .... and look at the jars, they haven't been moved, they're still at the same place."

Okay! So I took the words "moved" and "place" by their literal meaning when he actually meant that they haven't been filled, and just that morning I had "moved" and "placed" those jars in the center of the shelve, I raised my hand up nervously. Teacher pauses and looks at me.

Z&Z: "Sir, I moved the jars this morning. They were in the corner and I moved them to the center...."

He stares at me for a while, gobsmacked by what I had said, then his lips made a slow transformation from pursed lips to a smile. Classmates and the teacher started laughing by this useless comment I had just blurted, while I just sat there wondering what had happened. Yup! Even back then I was slow xD took about 10 seconds to realize what I had said...I went into a fit of laughter and a shade of tomato red.

It was unintentional.

5 comments:

Salima Al Masrouri said...

LoL Giigi that's so UTTERLT you ♥

Cutee..You should update your blog more often. -.-

Rumaitha said...

God I remember those days..!!

You should be updating more often teacher ;)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Am gonna try my best ladies! Definitely ♥

Nabaa Baqir said...

Haha it happens alll the time with me.
You've been missed!

Phat'Hi said...

This made my day.