Jun 6, 2009

[Movie] Disturbia (2007)

Plot:

After his father's death, Kale becomes sullen, withdrawn, and troubled -- so much so that he finds himself under a court-ordered sentence of house arrest. His mother, Julie, works night and day to support herself and her son, only to be met with indifference and lethargy. The walls of his house begin to close in on Kale. He becomes a voyeur as his interests turn outside the windows of his suburban home towards those of his neighbors, one of which Kale begins to suspect is a serial killer. But, are his suspicions merely the product of cabin fever and his overactive imagination?

lethargy: deficient in alertness or activity ^^

---------------------------

G's thoughts:

WOW!! This movie is AWESOME! I think I remember when it first came out (2007) and wanting to see it, but some how didn't. Am I glad that I did! I found it by chance on the shelve at the video store (I randomly picked 4 movies of the thriller section without reading the back info of the dvd O.O). Haven't seen it there before =\ Anywho, the movie is your typical thriller (but it's good!), except there's a little romance going on, plus a light comedy here and there. It gets you in suspense, then you're fine the next moment. Then again it puts you in suspense. lol.

Shia LaBeouf!!!!!! Who does NOT like this person?! Seriously. This guy is such an awesome actor, that I've enjoyed every single movie I've seen him in (except for Constantine...that movie just sucked with a capital S IMO). He was really good, along with David Morse, who was one chilly guy. Meaning he was scary O.O gave me the chills. Carrie Anne-Moss (chick who played Trinity in The Matrix movies) is in this movie also, and I didn't like her much, because she was really mean. lol.

I watched it twice. Lol. YES! Once was without the commentary the second time with the commentary with Shia, the director (DJ) and the chick who played Ashley (she has a nice voice xD) in the movie. It was really funny *the commentary*, like they made fun of each other, yet at the same time they'd explain how the scene was shot and what they had to do in some scenes, and so on.

9.7/10 hands down...absolutely loved it!!

A MUST watch!! It's too good to miss.

10 comments:

Phat'Hi said...

I loved watching this movie with the guys six months back, I must say its still one of the best movies I loved watching.

Salima Al Masrouri said...

Nice movie. I liked it 8/10

Muggle said...

I love thrillers and this definitely seems interesting. Might give it a try tonight if I find a streaming version since downloading would take ages!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

It's that GOOD, isn't it guys!?! =D

@Muggle: Oh I really hope you find a good quality one online and hope you enjoy it!

Muggle said...

Just finished watching it :D. Really cool movie.. I enjoyed it. Thanks, G-Chan :D!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Oooh nice!
You're welcome!
Glad you enjoyed it =D

Amarant said...

loved the movie :D

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

I feel like watching this movie again!

Hamdy Elgammal said...

This movie was awesome and I got to watch it at the theater to so it was really extra-thrilling.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Yeah! That must've been awesome. You know back then, I wasn't much of a movie freak as much as I am right now. Otherwise it would've been a definite must see AT the movies!