Aug 11, 2010

[Movie] Inception (2010)

Plot:

Dom Cobb is a skilled thief, the absolute best in the dangerous art of extraction, stealing valuable secrets from deep within the subconscious during the dream state when the mind is at its most vulnerable. Cobb's rare ability has made him a coveted player in this treacherous new world of corporate espionage, but it has also made him an international fugitive and cost him everything he has ever loved. Now Cobb is being offered a chance at redemption.

Tagline: Your mind is the scene of the crime

Official Trailer


Just be calm and tackle aspect by aspect sensibly.
*I literally have my fingers floating on the keyboard because I don't know where to begin. *

I first heard about this movie some time towards the end of 2009, where I saw a really small part of the making of the "no gravity" scene. I knew that it's going to be a fantastic watch so I gathered some more information about the movie and discovered who was in the cast and most importantly, who was the director of the movie. Let me start with the cast, I mean just look at those names.

Leonardo DeCaprio: he totally grew, for me, as actor after I watched Blood Diamond and The Departed. After these two movies, I looked more forward to any up coming movies he starred in and I have to say he played his role real well. His character was of the emotional and mysterious type which can be quite a tough thing to act but he did it perfectly.

Ken Watanabe: okay! This man was just pure awesomeness. He played the bad man of the group but I honestly like his characters relationship with Leo's character. They had a lot in common and I have to say that last scene between him and Leo was just fantastic!

Joseph Gordon-Levitt: always been a fan of this actor since the days of 3rd Rock from the Sun and 10 Things I Hate About You and what a fantastic role he had. Definitely my favorite character of the movie! He got the coolest scenes of the movie too...they were stupendous! Loved how he played the cold yet innocent (and I thought he was sweet) and smart character. You can't help it but like him.

Marion Cotillard: don't know her very well, but she had an annoying character. She scared me with her fast, sudden head turns...makes you think her neck broke but non-the-less she did an awesome job too.

Ellen Page: one of my all time favorite actresses! She is just flawless at what she does and I'm glad she starred in such an amazing move as Inception. She needs to gain weight though...she's super skinny!

Cillian Murphy: guy with the freaky eyes...oooh *makes ghost sound*. I like him as an actor (thanks to Red Eye)...he had a small role but it was an important one. Spoiler?

The movie when it comes to the visuals factor was just absolutely brilliant. Just the thought of the amount it took to create such a massive world is just gob-smacking. Also, one to think or come up with such a world is on a thinking level of their own. Pure genius!

I loved the story and how everything came together. I had a moment during a scene where I said to myself "Ooooh so that's why they made him change in to that person...haha awesome!!"...it was truly awesome because it was like you solving the puzzle. This is what I exactly like, and I'm sure most who follow this kind of genre will agree, your brain just constantly working as the movie progresses so as to understand and solve the story.

The science (time, psychology, chemistry, engineering, etc) behind this movie is incredible! This is where the real genius and art appears because it has to be passed on in a way that it's understandable and fascinating rather than boring and useless. It's definitely something new; some people compared Inception to The Matrix but I don't see the comparison because the idea in Inception is more of the real world (dreams) rather than the fantasy world (with monsters, weird creatures, and slow motion dodging bullets and incredible fighting power, etc) which you see in the Matrix. I just truly enjoyed the science that contained this fantastic movie!

Now let's come to the awesome director, who has become my favorite director in this current time. Christopher Nolan ladies and gents! You might remember him from 2 years ago with his fantastic direction in The Dark Night. Epic-ness right there! The direction totally stands out in Inception and once you leave the theater it's almost the first thing that comes to mind..."the movie was very well directed". So hats of Mr. Nolan, you did it again!

Lastly, I leave you with the fantastic music composer, Hans Zimmer, who was also the composer for The Dark Night (go figure - two amazing movies). A fantastic job here too, definitely matched every bit of the movie and I can't wait to get my hands on the Soundtrack! Just watch the trailer and you'll get what I mean.

If you haven't watched this movie yet then I have no idea what it is that you're waiting for exactly! Must see at the cinema as well just to experience the full sounds and visuals package.

Great direction, fantastic cast, amazing story and awesome visuals and music, hands down a 10/10

No comments: