Jan 24, 2010

[Series] The Office

Plot:

The Office is a mockumentary that documents the exploits of a paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Made up of head chief Michael Scott, a harmlessly deluded and ignorantly insensitive boss who cares about the welfare of his employees while trying to put his own spin on company policy. With an office including the likes of various peers who have their own hangups, The Office (2005) takes a look at the lives of its co-workers: bored but talented salesman Jim, his mildly sociopathic, butt kissing enemy Dwight, mildly righteous receptionist Pam, and indifferent temp Ryan.


So, The Office. You can say I'm pretty addicted to this series, which quite is funny because it's basically the most stupidest, brain-cell killing, annoying, awkward, dorkiest, nerdiest and funniest (just a little bit) series I've seen to-date. When I first watched it, I kind of hated it because of how awkward and annoying (okay and boring) it was. But, it actually sucks you in. I just kept watching. Maybe it was curiosity? Eventually, the more I watched, the more I got into it. I started liking some characters, despised some and I just wanted to know where everything was all going.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with Steve Carell who's the lead (plays Michael Scott in The Office) in this series and well...I liked him before I watched this series, but now, I just hate him lol Sometimes, I just want to slap myself from what he says, how he acts and the situations (some of which are by force) he gets himself into. He really, really, really gets on my nerves. But I think the series won't be what it is without him. It makes me think if there's someone actually like that in real life...with that sort of personality. Very disturbing!

Jim (John Krasinski) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) would have to be my favorites from The Office. One is sweet and funny in which I'm very interested to know what will happen with him, while the other can be nice but has some seriously funny issues which could be annoying as well. New characters are introduced and involved in the many crazy situations that occur.

Yeah...it got me hooked, and so far I've finished 3 seasons and into the fourth season within just the past days. I think I love it lol but it still gets on my nerves. Maybe this is why it's interesting - it makes you react positively and negatively.

Oh, and the facial expressions made in this series are like none other lol They're just awesome!

3 comments:

IHMD said...

quote:"the most stupidest, brain-cell killing, annoying, awkward, dorkiest, nerdiest"
sounds like fun, I have to watch it. Actually I think I saw it on TV once but not sure which channel. I'm really also looking for a nice new sitcom to watch, got any suggestions?

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

haha...you should totally watch this then since you're looking for a sitcom.

You know what, I'm recently so into series right now (more than movies even) but I've just started so as soon as I get my hands on something good and worth recommending then I'll surely suggest it to you! Right now, I'm all about The Office.

Hamdy Elgammal said...

LOL The Office is incredible. It's much better than the British original, imo. And Dwight is the BEST!