Jan 29, 2010

[What's This?] Indicate much?

....I don't think so!

So I'd like to know, what is the indicator function in cars used for here? Do you know what for? Absolutely NOTHING! Shocked much? I don't think so!

Seriously, I don't know why they're built in the cars here since they're not used for their only, sole purpose. I hate it and the people that don't use indicators when turning left or right I call them "Retard" or "Freak on a leash" or "Stupid Idiot"! I mean what the hell?! What annoys me more is some are already too lazy to just flick their finger to work the indicator so imagine someone with a phone in one hand and the other on the steering at an intersection or a roundabout. Oh oh! The hand that's holding the phone is the left which is the one you need to use the indicator...

=_____________________________=


I think one of the toughest areas on the roads of Oman are the roundabouts. Exclude the fact that one is supposed to slow down, and check for on coming traffic but here it's full on speed into the roundabout. If there's on coming traffic they're supposed to stop (which I don't understand for your information). Then there's me. I'm waiting for those cars to pass by with their full on speed thinking that they're going forward (passing in front of me since they didn't indicate that they'll turn and the speed they're traveling in gives you the impression there's going to be no turning!) but instead and sometimes last minute, they turn! WHY? Why did you not use the indicators? Why did you waste my time? People here drive as if they own the roads or that there's no one else on the road except for themselves. Or they expect you to read their mind or something. This is where people really need to think about others.

*sighs* One should give it a small thought really. Like what's it going to do if you indicated when you're turning? What's it going to do to the person(s) you indicated to? I know what! You won't be sworn at (in cases like me) and the other person's time will not be wasted and heck you might be praised even if you might not be able to hear it!

I don't want to generalize but so far I've only seen two people using the indicator so don't blame me.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

finally!
That is why I told you will hate driving in Oman!
God! So annoying and selfish!

They just drive and go around without care for anyone else. If they bump someone and kill a person the only thing they would say is "sorry..."

Because of this SIMPLE thing, we have become the 5th country in the whole world who have the most accidents. So thank you very much to all rash, crazy, stupid drivers out there who never use indicators anymore!

Unknown said...

IF anyone wants to read about Oman and car accidents:

http://www.gutech.edu.om/index.php/news-a-events/27-news/187-oman-has-one-of-the-highest-traffic-accidents-worldwide-public-presentation-on-22-june

Rumaitha said...

Calm down calm donw *pats G's back*

Trust me it took me a while to get used to he roundabouts and how to maneuver and all over here especially since I was driving in Europe whic I must say is so different than here.

It's quite spooky at times but trust me after a while, you'd be a psychic and would know where the car next to you or in front of you is heading before time.

Note ofadvice though, try to avoid the main roads as much as possible. I just totally hate it.

Speakign about roundabouts, you should come to where my workplace is, beleive once you get the experience of that roundabout. you are bound to have a heart attack on how trucks and cars go about in it.

Miss P said...

I completely agree, its annoying!
My instructor actually told me: "just do it till you get your license, no one cares b3den"

Ha ha ... -.-

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Well I'm glad you guys feel the same way...I just wish more people realize this just as much, I think the roads will be safer and driving would be enjoyable again!

@BloodyCherry: hmmm...maybe it's the instructors that started this "trend" =_= honestly that's the stupidest advice I've ever heard!

Salima Al Masrouri said...

Driving recklessly in Oman is becoming part of the culture - sadly :$

IHMD said...

I always use my indicator. I hate it when others don't. However driving down here is different from driving in Muscat.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

It is very sad Faith =c

Kudos to you IHMD!

cK said...

stay away from main roads, they suck :p

u can predict where they are heading but yea most of them are retards :p

Delta said...

lol G... seen this activity in most places not only in Muscat. In India when i use indicators on my bike/car people dont bother watching it or laugh at me.... pity aint it?

in other note the line "
just flick their finger to work the indicator" sounds like its come from Clive Owen's mouth from movie Shoot 'em up :D!!!! awesome :D!!!

Amarant said...

lol my cousin has this phrase he always use when he sees a person not using the indicators.
"Tamm e5tera3 al ishara fee 3am 1955 lel 7add min al 7awadith al mororiyya"
*documentary show music in the background*

Rummy I know what roundabout ur talking about. getting through it is mission impossible -__-