Jan 24, 2010

[Series] Dexter


Plot:

Based on Jeff Lindsay's novels Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter this crime thriller follows Dexter Morgan. Dexter is a forensic blood spatter expert for the Miami Dade Police Department. He is the main support for his sister. He has a steady girlfriend, with two kids who adore him. He also has an active "night life". Based on a code instilled in him by his foster father, Harry, he hunts down people who have escaped justice and makes sure they don't get away with a crime again.




I've blogged about this series before and here I am blogging about it again since I think it deserves an entry of its own. So I love this series (surprise surprise) and I have to say, it gets better and better every season. I just completed Season 4 and well, it's the best one so far...and the creepiest! There was so much thrill and quick heart beating during some scenes but this is exactly what I like about it. Also, the soundtrack is just fantastic! Check out my favorite piece; Photo Albums.

I won't talk about Dexter him self because we already know (those who follow the series) how he's so good and does a great job with his role but instead I want to talk about the new addition to the series...the enemy.

John Lithgow people! You might know him from the hit series 3rd Rock From The Sun as the child-like character Dr. Dick Solomon. Man did he flip 180 degrees! I really thought I'd have a hard time taking him seriously but was I wrong. I think he was the scariest enemy Dexter faced. Utterly disturbing guy and seriously I don't think anyone else would've pulled the job better than he did. I will not say anymore, just watch the series!

This season had major events following from the previous season with new characters and problems revolving with and around Dexter. People dying, getting married, having babies, finding out secrets and the list basically goes on. But the most major part of the season was the finale. It was HUGE...and shocking! I don't think I was in such shock in the previous seasons. You might expect something but you can only confirm what you think when you see it right? Even though, you will still get shocked because it was...I still can't believe it! It was very bad to the point that I almost teared. Watch out for the big cliff hanger that will leave you at the edge of your seat and I really hope it's a dream but I sadly feel it won't be.

Season 5 gets released sometime late September of this year and I seriously can't wait. I have no idea what to expect, but till September comes all we can do is discuss and make assumptions about what could happen...which is always interesting because it makes you feel like a detective *jokes*

I will leave you with Dexter's Opening theme, which I kind of hate...makes me shiver every time I watch it lol




This opening theme is all about Dexter's real life: killing. The track sounds like a normal day of a normal person but you can almost hear / see there's more to it.

Oh yeah! I wish I was a forensic scientist...would've been such an awesome job!

7 comments:

Insurance Telemarketing said...

I honestly LOVE this show. I haven't read the books, but after I finish up the show, I'll take up the books.

IHMD said...

I'm also mad about this show. I haven't been like this since "Prison Break". Now "Dexter" is my favorite live action series and "Code Geass" my favorite anime though the series is over but I'm quite obsessed. I play the sound tracks in my car and I even bought the manga from Amazon.com instead of reading them online as usual. I really recommend it, you will definitely love it.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

@IT: you know the books are always better so I think I'll hunt for them too!

@IHMD: yes! exactly. It's like the only two good shows to ever exist is 'Prison Break' and 'Dexter' lol

What I'm about to say is so so sad...but I don't feel like watching anime at all =( like I try to but I don't. I used to be addicted but now it's all about series. BUT, since you suggested it and say that it's good...I'll check it out. I miss Naruto and Kakashi Sensi =(

We have to wait till September for the fifth season of Dexter =_= & Seriously can you believe that 4th's ending? =O

IHMD said...

I had a really hectic week, I was in a state of shock and sadness after Dexter found Rita in the Bathtub murdered :(
And having to wait more than 6 months for the 5th season pisses me of.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

The was super shocking almost the same shock with Prison Break but I actually cried in Prison Break. Anyways it was very horrible. It kind of fits with everything but argh! I want to know what's going to happen next so badly!

*gives IHMD sushi to calm down*

IHMD said...

Arigatto gozaimasu ^^
I'm gonna spend this weekend in Muscat and I have an appetite for sushi, I will definetly have some *mouth drooling*

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Hehe...nice nice!
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend nii-san! =D