Apr 3, 2009

[Movie] Slumdog Millionaire (2008)


Plot:

A Mumbai teen who grew up in the slums, becomes a contestant on the Indian version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?". He is arrested under suspicion of cheating, and while being interrogated, events from his life history are shown which explain why he knows the answers.

-----------------------

G's thoughts:

Yup here I go again. I know this movie has already gotten it's thunder and has been blogged about, etc etc, but again, what the hell! it's definitely, I repeat, DEFINITELY one of those movies worth blogging about =D

I think this is one of the best movies (has a list) I've ever seen...hmm...it was just, AMAZING! Powerful! Great great story...loved how the story goes back and forth in time - it's as if 2 stories been told in 1...wait, actually, that's exactly what was happening xD. Some parts of the movie were disturbing, but I guess the producers wanted to make it as true/real as possible. All the actors were great except for the presenter of the "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" show...I didn't like him O.o I don't know what more to add about this movie (?) it's just great! Absolutely GREAT!

N.b. What was with the dancing at the end of the movie?!? That actually took me by surprise for some unknown reason. I just didn't expect it xD

So if you haven't watched it...O.o
Go watch it...now!

A very high recommendation from yours truly.

G's rating: 9.8/10

Laters

9 comments:

diablo said...

I've heard about this movie from my friends n all, didn't really listen to them when they were talking (They sucked at explaining), but you just made it sound very interesting! Totally gonna check it out..

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Awesome!
Seriously check it out.

Like now I'm free (lol) so many people were telling me about this movie, to the point I was prepared to walk away from the next person who mentions it to me xD seriously, even my boss was like "You HAVE to see this movie"...I was like "-_____-...I know"

Was totally worth it =D

NiGhTFaCe said...

Okay the movie was great. But, not to the level they say it was amazing amazing!

cK said...

the presenter is one of India's best actors =P
i had low expectation for this movie but it amazed me , it shows how the life could be and thank god for living in our state now =)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

cK: hmmm...he does look familiar, bes don't care if he's famous xD I didn't like him =P
I agree with what you said, but I guess life has changed there...I hope O.o

Lady MAB said...

Hey you!
Wow, it's been a while, huh? How are things?

I loved Slumdog Millionaire! You should read the book, it's definitely worth buying! The dancing bit at the end took me by surprise too, but I found it kinda hilarious =P

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

OMG!
It IS who I thought it was!!! *cries*

It has been a really really long while...bes AHA! I found you =P

Things are going good! Thanx!

Yes I started laughing as well...not before I said something like WTH?! xD

Thanx for passing by!! Keep visiting k!

Lady MAB said...

*holds on and cries with you*
Oh my God, I really thought you had disappeared off the face of the Earth!

Awesome blog! Mind if I add your link to mine? (this is a not-so-subtle hint that you should read mine as well haha)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

aaaw! lol!

There were those years where I just ditched msn...literally YEARS! lol.

Thanx! Feel free to add (lol) yours is already on my list so it's cool =P