Apr 30, 2009

[What's this?] Patience test

Warning: The following post may disturb some people...naaah...it's just a really long post! Really!

It's been a while...since I (8) talked about a thing I "hate". As you can see, "I hate" has been changed to "Segment #" due to "hate" being a really harsh, too strong word to use =P

R: girl that won't stop asking for help!
G: yours truly
Sara: classmate
J: classmate
H: classmate

So! It's the end of the 7th week of uni. So uni work is starting to get heavy, right?! Now the thing is, there's this girl (R) who won't stop asking for help with her assignments! She asks me, Sara, and 2 other classmates of mine. We're basically starting to pull our hair out. At first, in the BEGINNING, we felt sorry for her. We said she's new, doesn't know the system yet...so let's help her out. And that's exactly what we did but I guess some people just have to abuse the good things they get -____-

I don't know about my 3 other classmates, but I think I'm the most that's suffered with her. She seems to find me where ever I am *cries* The thing I hate about her is when she starts complementing me, then over complementing just to get me to help her out. sheeeeeeeesh!! God I seriously can't stand that especially if it was for THAT purpose. Another thing I don't like is when she says stuff like "Ooh I'm new here, and I don't know anyone. Everything's so hard so please help me!".... no comment. She uses those exact words every time she needs help. Honestly honestly, any day now I'm waiting for her just to say "could you do my assignments for me" xD lol...wallah!

I don't want to come off as a heartless person, but seriously there are limits. I'll be really happy to help out anyone if they're actually willing to try to solve/research/read (for flips sake) the assignment before giving up from the start and going to someone for help. This girl wouldn't even try to read or search for things that may help her with her assignments. The worst thing also, is she misses lectures and she asks for notes as soon as she sees the person that's with her in that class. This happened yesterday, where one of our mates (H) came , he said his Salam to us and was going to ask us if we were prepared for the test (I'm assuming) but she just cuts him and asks straight away...

R: "do you have the lecture notes for <paper name>, I didn't go to the lecture you know."

...will is it his problem you didn't go?! The look on his face was just utter annoyance and I actually said out loud "Ya ellahy" (oh my God) when she started asking him for the notes. As for today...it was pretty messed up/hilarious. I arrived at R-block and there she was sitting on a chair.

R: "Hi, Ghofran...where is J?"
G: "Hey! I have no idea."
R: "When will she come?"
G: "I have no idea."
R: "Did you see her at uni today?"
G: "Nope. I just came to uni."
R: "You just came?"
G: "Yeah....ok, see ya"

I go into the nearest lab and started working on my huge COMP451 assignment. J came in, sat next to me, we talked about the assignment and helped each other with things. Then R came in...deh deh deh deeeeeh! She sat next to J and the questions started pouring out!

"help me!", "how do you do this?", "I have no idea what to do?", "Can you show me what you did? I won't copy I just want an idea."

...and on and on she went. God gave J and myself the patience to deal with her. First to suffer was J. Sara came in and straight away sat far away from us so she wouldn't have to deal with R xD J eventually got fed up and changed her position. So I was left alone, with that girl asking me a kajilion questions per minute. Now the CRAZY thing is, the lecturer gave us an EXAMPLE code on how to go about attempting the assignment. I kept telling her to use it as help, but she just wouldn't effin' listen!!!

Earlier on, when Sara came in I had asked her let's go to lunch and then change the lab to avoid R. But she wanted to do a bit of reading before heading for lunch. Though in the end, she was my savior! xD At least after 15-20minutes of me suffering, she came and stood next to me, ready to leave. I guess she wanted to put me out of the worthless misery I was in xD

R: "So sorry Sara you have to wait."
Sara: "Yeah yeah! Hurry up G."

I started rushing with R, and kinda ditched her in a place where I needed to do more explaining! But heck! I wanted to get out of there asap *cries* Sushi made my day!

So we left J in the lab...alone...with R. We asked her to join us, but she wanted to stay and work. We were having lunch and Sara started telling me:

Sara: "G you seriously have to do something about this girl...5ala9, this is too much!"
G: "I know. That's it...if she asks for help, I'll tell her sorry I can't. I already have too much work on my hands, she's not the only one with assignments =(. I can't believe what she's doing. You know Sara...ana aste7ee when I come and ask any of you guys (friends) for help. Like you guys are my friends and yet I don't want to annoy you or bother you."
Sara: "WTF!?"
G: "Wallah Ma ye3jibnee!!"
Sara: "Bes it's 3adi >.<"
G:
"anyways, we have to find a better place to do our work."
Sara: "We should go into R1, sit in that far corner so if people pass by the door they won't be able to find us."
G: "hahahaha!! Yes, that's a perfect place."

We headed back to R-block and who comes out...poor J.

Sara, G: "Hey! How was it?"
J: puts hands on face "aaargh...marah hell!"
G: "where are you going?"
J: "to commit suicide."
Sara, G: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Miskeena. See you."

Here's the funny part, we had to SNEAK!! Yes!! Sneak into the lab we decided to work in, just so she doesn't see us through the window of the lab she's in.

Sara: "You go first."

Okay only Sara can explain to you how I went in.

Sara's explanation:
Well, we had to sneak in like soldiers undercover. I yelled at you "go go go !" and pushed you on your back. And you like bounced to the door in a weird way, its like your knees were gonna touch your chin, and entered bsur3a (fast) then turned back and gave me the all clear. I counted to 10 then did the same thing, but without the weird bouncing.
The way I opened the door and how fast I got into the lab, freaked the hell out the people that were in the lab. Though I was laughing hard out...they probably thought I was crazy or something xD Then Sara comes in a few seconds after me! It was like as if she was doing something wrong lool! So we sat down. I wanted to get my papers out of my bag and guess what?! They're not there >.< I left them in the other lab where R is in.

G: "I can't find my papers O.O"
Sara: =O
G: "They're in the other lab =S"
Sara: "G, if she asks for help, just tell her sorry, I have too much work to do. You do have a lot of work to do you know!"
G: "Yup yup"

Goes into the lab and as soon as she saw me going in and heading towards her, the look on her face was "There is hope after all" >.< My papers were right next to her and as soon as I came to pick them up...

R: "Please help me Ghofran...I don't know what to do."
G: "Hi! So sorry, but I have so much work to do right now...don't have time."
R: "=(...ok but can you help me with submitting the assignment on Monday?!"
G: *major eye-rolling* "yeah ok, see ya"

I actually got angry. Seriously! Submitting the assignment?!! How did she flippin' submit the previous one?! O.O So anyways, went back to the lab and was able to work and read peacefully with out any annoying disturbances.

So the thing I don't understand is...she's a masters student. Basically someone who's finished their bachelors degree and therefore has way more knowledge and control on how to do everything. I also don't understand why she wouldn't use resources giving to her, like google, books, and the friggin' good example (which most of my coding is based on) giving to us by the lecturer. Why?! WHYYY?! At least she should try to do it before asking for help. Also, what is with the excuses and the complementing?! God that is just weak and lame! It's the 7th week of uni...how can she not know anyone else but us?! I remember when Sara and I were 1st years, we made a lot of friends (not for the sake of getting help, but for the sake of having FRIENDS) who till now we know and talk to, but it's tough with those from other departments, but still. Yeeeeeesh!!

I don't know what to say, but these kinds of people annoy me so much! The over-doers especially who abuse the fact they are getting help and just want to take the easy way out. Messed up! I seriously don't know how she will pass like this =S

Bleeh, I don't know bes (but) it seriously got out of hand, and I blame myself!

Yes! My patience has been greatly tested and hence that is why I'm becoming less and less patient every day...which kinda sucks. I've always been the patient person, but seriously someone who get's put in this kind of situation, can't help it.

Hey! That felt good =P

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I did feel incredibly bad for her the first few days as well, but this woman really amazed me after that. No matter how many questions you answer, she'll have 10 for each one. And yeah she'll cut you in the middle of you explaining the answer to the previous question xD I already gave up on helping her weeks ago when we were doing the first 451 assignment and she comes and asks how to write test cases two days before the assignment is due, I don't really respect someone who doesn't learn on their own xD and 7amdullah you finally told her that you can't help anymore, I hope this will make her become more independent with her education.

Yalla .. let's see what the coming days will bring us lol

cK said...

the part where you entered the lab like a war zone cracked me up :p ! im sure everyone there were wth??!

that girl got issues :/ ! people wont be there to babysit her everyday LOL
She is using ur kindness and abusing it , just ignore and make up excuses(no im not an evil & bad person but some ppl cross the limits) xD

Anonymous said...

wow... She has to be GRATEFUL you helped her really... Not ask every single time.

I have people like this who never do anything and tell me what is a "good idea" for things and expect me to do the hard work and they copy... Since in projects no one cares I usually work so hard and then bail out in the end... -_-

It is good you have a book to understand from as well! =D
Our teachers are dumb... They make us buy a book which never helped me till now! =S But who cares about that... XD

Next time, sit with her and TELL HER she has to work on herself and help herself or when she gets to work she will be fired the next day... -_-

Yes, I am serious. Tell her she has to work by herself. She can ask for resources but not EVERYTHING!

* thinks of all the people with him in UK... -_- *

nosa said...

tht girl truly has issues!!
if shes doing her masters n chetheh.. how did she get her Bs??

allah e33nkum :P n inshalah she collects herself n be serious eshway!

good luck G

Muggle said...

LOL this was such an interesting post :P!
That girl should read it haha.
But seriously, Allah y3eenkm o.0.
I loved the part where you met your friend J after she was left alone with her hahahaha.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Thanx everyone for your comments!

We haven't seen the girl and hopefully she got the idea that we can't be off any help to her no more...actually it's more like we don't want to help her xD...we're too tired =(

& as Sara said, "let's see what the coming days will bring for us"...cos lately all that's been happening is crazy stuff xD

Lady MAB said...

Wow, it sounds a lot like some people I know O.O
2llah ysa3ed el3alam, I guess =/
I'm surprised you managed to last as long as you have. Kudos, man!

Plus, reading about you sneaking into the lab was hilarious! Definitely gave me a much-needed laugh XD

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

hehehe...I told ya, all the patience is gone out of me. That's how I held up at least lol.

yeah the sneaking was pretty funny, I was actually laughing at myself =P