Dec 23, 2008

[Movie] Hard Candy (2005)

Hard Candy

Review:
A smart, charming teenage girl (14-year-old), Hayley (Ellen Page) probably shouldn't be going to a local coffee shop to meet Jeff (Patrick Wilson), a 30-something fashion photographer she met on the Internet. But Hayley's ready to have fun, and soon she's mixing screwdrivers at Jeff's place and stripping for an impromptu photo shoot. It's Jeff's lucky night--until his vision blurs and he passes out. Turns out Hayley isn't as innocent as she..

------------------------------

G-chan's thoughts:
True this is an old-ish movie (2006) but just wow! I was sucked into it all the way. The story was great but absolutely disturbing - if you watched the movie you'll know what I mean - because she's 14, and he's 30 years old...you know...O.o I had rented it on DVD and had read the back cover to see what it's about. So I had gotten this idea in my head but when I watched the movie, it was so different than what I was expecting!! It was out of this world in a way xD

The way the movie was made was awesome as well. The colors were amazing - except for one room; which was all pink =S - and loved how the camera mainly focused on the faces. You got major close ups so you can sense/feel every expression.

Great great acting...especially from Ellen Page - is she my favorite actress right now or what!!! - she was absolutely great!

So totally recommend this to all those Psychological Thriller fans out there.
Great movie...with great actors!

***Had watched it twice in one day. The actual movie and the commentary by Ellen Page and Patrick Wilson as they watch the movie. lol the commentary was funny and interesting.***

----------

Extra note =P:
Finally bought Twilight (the book)!!! I had gotten the last copy from the shop near us...they were all sold out everywhere -___-------
It wasn't even the main cover...you know the one with the hand and the apple. I got the one with Bella and Ed holding each other (movie cover). Good enough I guess.
Finally going to read what the huge fuss is all about it =P

6 comments:

NiGhTFaCe said...

Ellen was freaky! =P

I liked the visual outcome.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

She was super freaky!

Anonymous said...

Omg this movie @_@, I watched it like a year ago, the girl has guttss!! She must've had a heart made of stone for doing all of that to him xD. great movie!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

looool! Exaaaaaaactly!!!

Muggle said...

This is my type of movie so inshallah I'll be renting it soon. Sounds great!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

One of my bro's is not into these kinds of movies...but told him to watch it and he liked it!
So I'm guessing you will like it since it's your type of movie!

=)