Dec 14, 2008

Visiting a friend!

Mom, my close friends and their mother, and I went to Auckland to visit the daughter of my friends (that were with us, who is also a close friend of mine). So the drive to my friends house took almost 2 hours. We left Hamilton at around 9:10am with us following. I was driving and it was great great fun. I enjoyed every bit of it, but I swore here and there at some idiotic people =P we had 2 of my friends in our car, so imagine all the talking *rolls eyes* =D Good fun.

So we arrived at my friends house...took ages discussing where to park the car. Then we settled on 2-3min away parking when there was free parking opposite of my friends house but we didn't see it!! -____-
Went in...hugs and kisses with everyone. 2 of my friends in-laws were there so in total we were 9 or 10 girls. We were crazy. lol! Just talking, drinking gorgeous green tea, eating yummy cakes and savories *heart* After and hour or 2 we went to a park (which I forgot the name of...but it was named after a certain tree) that had a beautiful beautiful beach. I went crazy with taking photos of nature and of all of us. So much greenery and beauty. Thankfully it was a beautiful sunny day with white clouds and a lovely breeze!!!

So here's what I took from the parking place:The trees with red/maroon-ish flowers on them are the trees that the park was named after. I did ask for the name, but it was such a hard name I couldn't remember it...maybe it's was something like "why-co-fi"...=S

After a bit we walked over to a little space that was on top of the mountain that looked upon the beach:

Then we walked to the beach:

^ Freaky freaky stairs!! O.o

So this is what it looks like from an insects point of view =P

Yes! He was THAT close to us. Cheeky cheeky bird =P


After a bit of sitting in the shade, enjoying the lovely breeze and weather...we got tired and went back to the house. THIS time we parked in the close parking =P

We did some more talking then lunch was served *YAY*

It was absolutely loooovely!! *heart*
We ate so much. I was so full to the point where I started giggling!! I don't know why that happens to me but it does. lol xD. So after the lunch and everything was put away and cleaned, we sat down and did some more talking. Drank green tea again; I think it's some kind of tradition or a daily base thing *shrugs*. I also heard that it's very healthy and helpful with digestion. After the food I just wanted to sleep. I was full and the weather was nice and warm. Perfect atmosphere for a nap. But I don't nap =P

After a couple of hours of talking, eating desert and fruits (I tell you we just ate all day!!! xD) we went out to visit people. It was good fun and guess what they served us?!?! GREEN TEA and desert! lol!! I probably drank 5-7 cups of green tea yesterday. LOL! It's not because it was good but they kept on pouring for you and it would be rude to decline. I couldn't put any more food in my mouth...but it looked good =(

By 8pm we said our goodbyes and made our way back to Hamilton! I had to drive (I wanted to)...I mean the sun was setting and it was gonna be night time. I would never forgive myself for such an opportunity. I've never driven on a high way at night time. So it was nice. Enjoyed the driving a lot!! Though I did tell myself I will not drive for one week with all the driving I did yesterday.lol!

So there you go. Long post with a lot of pics...as usual =D

5 comments:

diablo said...

O_O
The food looks really yummy!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

O_O

It was super yummy!

Salima Al Masrouri said...

*drools*

The food looks really something...!
Missed you mom's pizza! "I won't stop saying that forever!" LoL

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

lool faith. You know I actually miss the Pizza as-well. The ingredients there are better than here xD

The food was great!!! =D

lak47 said...

Most saw food.

I saw New Zealand.

And it's yummier than any of the food pics!! :D