Dec 2, 2008

[Movie] Awake (2007)

AWAKE


Jessica Alba, Hayden Christensen and Terrence Howard star in this high intensity psychological thriller about a man who experiences the frighteningly common surgical phenomenon known as 'anesthetic awareness'. Those suffering from this condition remain acutely aware of what is going on around them despite remaining completely paralyzed and unable to cry out for help.

-----------

When Clay (Hayden), a successful young man goes under the knife, the horror quickly sets in as he discovers that he is being murdered whilst on the operating table. The terrifying drama unfolds as his (Jessica) waits anxiously by.

-----------

G's thoughts:

I actually made fun of the name of this movie. It's such a weird weird name to give a movie xD
Then I watched the movie and understood why they called it 'Awake' -_____-

I really liked this movie, even though I wasn't very fond of the actors that much. But it had a really good story. You get shock after shock after shock! At one part of the movie I literally said 'What the hell!' out loud. I was very shocked!!! (How many times have I said the word 'shock'? =P).

Also, it's a very painful movie to watch. The reason I say this is because you're watching this guy getting a very difficult heart surgery and through out the whole time he was under the 'Anesthesia Awareness' phenomenon. The sad thing also is the conversations he's hearing around him...for someone who's in so much pain, hearing those things will probably end him.

I don't want to spoil this movie, so I totally recommend it. If you are into psychological thrillers/mysteries then this is a good movie to watch. It's not horror...you don't see monsters, vampires, gore-y scenes or stuff like that but it WILL be disturbing to those who are afraid of surgeries. But there was a seen which in my opinion totally ruined this whole movie...but I guess they needed that scene for the movie to, in a way, make sense O.o

No comments: