Aug 11, 2010

2010 Ramadan Mubarak


I'm so happy right now! It's always such a wonderful feeling when you know that Ramadan is just around the corner, start preparing for the delicious dishes, and setting out important goals to achieve through out this holy and beautiful month. Fasting in Oman begins tomorrow and I'm so excited about it because it's the first Ramadan in 5 years in a Muslim and Arab country (different feeling and vibe), more specifically Oman! You can already feel it in the air, such a warm feeling, you can see it on people's faces and hear it in their voices as they say do3a2 to one another.

I have set out a few goals for my self in which I've written on small yellow post-it notes (which I've stuck on my wall) and these goals mainly concentrate on reading the whole Qura'an (in a month), read it's translation to get a stronger understanding, memorize a good number of chapters (the whole Part 30 and my favorite chapter Al Ra7man), read the book Stories of the Prophets, and the constant recall (Theker) of Allah (swt), and the list goes on.

There are many things you can leave and gain from Ramadan, therefore, this month should be spent wisely. Make sure your intentions are truthful and in the right place, that you truly want to come out a better and stronger Muslim than before. There's no use if you pray just because you're fasting and you want it to count, and then come the end of the holy month of Ramadan let go of everything...these are the wrong intentions.

Again, Ramadan Mubarak and may it be a blessed and a wonderful month for us all!

8 comments:

cK said...

ramadhan mubarak

Sara said...

Ramadhan Mubarek ya 7abibti and congrats on the new blog look ^_^ I like za3tar and zaytoon so its pretty appealing haha

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Ramadan Mubarak to the both you!!

Thanks Sarz! Zaytoon wo Za3tar rock! <3 hehe

Muggle said...

Mbarak 3leish el shahar, G :)!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Muuuuuuuuuuuggle!!!

Wo 3aleeky insha'Allah!! ^.^

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

You don't have a blog anymore ?

but but but...=(

Muggle said...

Noo I don't. I sucked at it haha :$. Buut I do check yours for updates every now and then :D

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

You so did not suck at it! What the!!! I really enjoyed your blog and now I miss it =(

Thanks for checking mine out every now and then even though I've been neglecting it a lot O.O