Mar 19, 2010

The fourth

My fourth week as a teacher has so far been the weirdest one. It was such a hectic week with all the final exams going on and craziness of dealing with people who dealt with things in a really bad manner. I got angry, felt guilt, laughed my head off, got bored and fell asleep in the staff room, somewhat "at home", and best of all unleashed stubbornness and determination which lead to a small triumph that I'd probably never forget neither the people that were apart of it.

I love the kids - that's what I mostly like about my work. I have to see their sweet little faces almost everyday may it be during class or just randomly while walking from one place to another. I still can't remember all their names or who and who is in which grade (they all look similar to me at the moment) but I'm definitely getting there slowly.

Highlight

I was on my way out of the cafeteria with my closest colleague when I met eyes with one of my grade 4 students that I taught just an hour before. He stared at me with a cheeky smile on his face, then tilted his head in an upward motion yelling:

Saeed: "Sha5baarich Miss?"

I just gave him the hugest smile I could muster and waved at him.

*Sha5baarich: How are you

6 comments:

Texan after UAE said...

Masha'a'Allah @ what that student said. You must be a good teacher. Are you in UAE?

cK said...

yalooobi cuuuuuute xD ahahha, good luck @ the exams and be easy on the kids :p

Rumaitha said...

Sha5barch Miss eh?!

I think I'll call you miss from now on..!!

It's great to see that you are enjoying your job ;)

Muggle said...

Aww such a cute kid! I wanna be a teaaacher :P (I think my temper could kill the kids though hehe)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Texan: Aaw thanx and I'm in Oman ^-^

cK: heeey! They should be easy on me lool

Rummy: Thanx hon *hugs*

Muggle: You should be...it's actually fun but you need a looooot of patience O.O

Salima Al Masrouri said...

Sooo cute! :D

The last part made me smile :)