Apr 14, 2010

Everything 2

Last day of a one week holiday. I actually miss the kids (not all - definitely not the grade 3's and 4's) and my usual..."healthy" routine. I didn't enjoy this break to its fullest sadly. I got sick and everything just clashed with each other. It's true when 'they' say what ever you plan doesn't go as planned.

I went into a reading frenzy from Thursday till Monday (will explain what happened Monday) to the point that I'm reading two books at the same time. The two books that have been occupying my eyes are 'The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown' and 'Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Al Sanea'. I have my light read, the latter (even though somethings have gotten on my nerves badly), and the thrill of the first. So it's somewhat a good balance.
N.B. I think I will start reviewing books.

Come Monday, I stole Sarz's PSP for the rest of my break because I've been having these major urge's to game. I miss it badly and I especially miss my PS2 (which is with my bros in NZ) and all my favorite games (Prince of Persia, Fatal Frame, Resident Evil...). I also really really miss playing Left 4 Dead with my Uni mates and World of Warcraft with friends. So right now, I've got the PSP occupying me and yet again playing two games at the same time. Silent Hill: Origins (Horror) and Final Fantasy: Crisis Core (Adventure). I'd spend hours on this thing! I'm not even done yet.

Everything 2, eh?! Went to B+F today. Fantastic place for lunch or dinner. The atmosphere at night is amazing...leans towards the romantic side actually. Their burgers are pretty fantastic and what separates their burgers from any other place is their juicy-ness. Those burgers are just juicy, YUM! I went for 'Up in Smoke' SS (again, everything 2) while my friend went for the Philly something. Ordered salad, cheese fries and coke/dew. They have strong burgers but everything else is a bit of a let down, especially their DRINKS! Nothing beats Chilies Strawberry Lemonade *craving it*. Oh! Chilies is my favorite place so far. I try to go almost once every week. Crazy I know, but their food is DAMN GOOD!
N.B. Maybe should start restaurant reviews.

I've finally come to enjoy driving here. I actually enjoy it a lot, more than I did in New Zealand. The roads are enjoyable if you pick the right times to go out lol...but honestly, there will always and forever be some jerk (male OR female) that may cause you to curse or honk. It's true when 'they' say stupidity is infinite...something like that anyways. Oh! Here's my ride (not the actual car in the picture):
Black Kia Soul. Weird design, but that's what attracted me to it. Sadly, I had THE moment with a VW GTI *Edit: removed some gibberish here, obviously I don't know much about cars lol*; you know when you get in the car, sit and your bottom fits perfectly, put your hand on the steering and you get that feeling. Yeah! Well that's what I had with the GTI. It was a mean machine but way out of the budget I put (since there is no way I'm letting dad pay for it) for a first car. I went back to the Soul. So if you see a black Soul (tee-hee) with a Palestinian theme interior (tee-hee) then you just spotted G-chan!

With the Soul you get to choose whether you want a vinyl (car sticker) or not which is pretty cool (thought they were illegal though), but I didn't want it. If I'm to add a vinyl to my Soul then it'd be custom made either by yours truly or Sarz, small in size and symbol too. Now I understand why Amarant wouldn't add a vinyl to his Roxy lol. I would love to add some mods to Soul and first on the list is black tints, maybe black rims and get rid of the yellow head lights and replace them with white ones. I don't know, need an experts touch (wish my bros where here T-T). But one thing at a time, eh?!

Back to school on Saturday where something new is added to my schedule. A few weeks ago, Ahmed (grade 8) came up to me and asked if I could start a Computing Club. Now, honestly, that was just awesome getting a request like that. I ended up telling him if he can gather up to 10 students (yes 10 would be great!) to join the club then I'd ask permission from the principle. He replied that everyone will join so I should just start the club. That made me even more happier but I insisted that he gather some names first. He gathered 45 students (from grades 8,9 and 10) in under 2 days. Hence, the En-Tekk (TM) club has been initiated every Saturday from 4pm to 5pm. It's going to be a very diverse topic club and everyone is pretty excited about it so I hope the students won't be let down!
N.B. Will update on the club every Saturday insha'Allah!

I will leave you with this piece from Final Fantasy: Crisis Core OST. Oh! The whole OST is fantastic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I got the PSP for the game Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII! The best game I have ever played and I am playing it over again!

The OST is amazing and was well made.

B+F... I miss it! I want to come over to Oman to just eat as much as I can from it and then come back to UK and continue my studies! =P

Mak said...

mabrooooooooooook 3ala el Soul G-chan! allah ya36eesh 5airha oo yekfeesh sharha =D

VW GTI R32 (VR6) <<<<<< wabook! what happened here?? xD
it's a VW Golf R32 (or better just call it VW .:R32)

GTI is a different model (cheaper but i like it more). VR6 is the older V6 golf =P


anyway, moving on. agree, the .:R32 just gives u goosebumps (specially with that SWEET exhaust noise)

I heard the Soul has much more stuff inside than you would expect. please have a single post about this car =D

and yes, hard for me to do any vinyl work on Roxy. clean and un-busy is my approach ;)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Thank you Musaaaaaaaaab!!

Haha I knew I had the name wrong. At first I wrote GTI but then I searched for it and got that long name xD *I laughed at wabook, that's one hilarious word!*

*goes and edits post =P*

And sure thing! Give me a bit more time to discover the stuff since Is till don't know half the things that's in side. I'll try and take pics too :D

And I'm totally with on the last sentence (y)