Dec 10, 2009

Hysteria...


Looking at this shot just reminds me so much of myself and my current state. I think I've finally hit rock bottom today or maybe....this whole moving frenzy and work has finally got it's toll on me. I'm blogging about today because I want to remember it's "contents" for when I someday quit from blogging and read through my blog (I've missed it!). Another reason to why I want to blog about today is because it's apart of this whole moving from one country to another kind of process so it's like the step to a...new life.

Five days are left till our departure from NZ, back to Oman and basically, instead of us controlling time, it's controlling us! As freaky as this may sound but that's exactly what's happening.

A "normal" day for me, these days, is waking up around 9:30am, having breakfast, checking my email because there's bound to be a message or more from my client, then the rest of the day happens by itself. Basically it consists of running errands - a lot of them shockingly, packing/selling, some more errands, cleaning the room that my bro is moving to, and with a blink of an eye it's like 6pm-7pm at night where I'm fully destroyed and in the need of "me" time or relaxation time. But no. Actually that time is when I get to work on my clients website. Yeah I work. Sitting on my bed working on Photoshop and Dreamweaver breaking my back because I'm desk-less (lol). I do get to work on the site during the day but my day is usually hectic and my hours working on the site is not continuous so that's no good.

Today, the 10th of the 12th month of 2009 (sounds dramatic lol), mama and I woke up at 7am to finish packing the final two boxes left for shipment (by air). We had a total of four bags and seven boxes. We are moving to another country after all. Anyway, a really nice Scottish man with a HUMONGOUS truck picked up the eleven items and managed to get an interesting conversation with us about Palestine and the Jews -- that's what he called them, Jews because he says that Israel doesn't exist. He surprised me. Around 10am the good man was gone and our house was emptier. Mama and I sat on the empty floor to have breakfast; tummies were rumbling by then.

Somehow, the tiredness started to kick in. Not sleeping much + the amount of work we've been doing for the past month or two has made exhaustion and pain "come out". Despite this, we ended up going to my bros room and complete it's cleaning. Feeling what we felt, our smartness had decreased dramatically lol We reach the room and the following occurs:

Mama: "Aaaah! I forgot the keys to the room. I swear I was feeling like I've forgotten something but it wouldn't come to me."

G: *laughs like an idiot from tiredness*
"it's okay. Let's go back and get them."

*mama pulls out of the drive way and we head back home. On the way...*

G: "I feel like crying from all this. I'm happy and all but I'm so tired."

Mama: "Same here, haha. This whole moving thing has started taking a toll on us"

*takes a wrong turn that has no exit while still talking to me but does not realize it*

G: "Mama where are you going?"
*starts laughing*

Mama: *looks at me and starts laughing hysterically and uncontrollably while trying to reverse and turn the steering wheel which was a huge mission because of tiredness*

G: *laughs at mama for laughing the way she did and for not being able to turn the steering wheel*

We laughed for maybe a whole minute, turning tomato red and tearing up. It was the sort of laugh where "what's happening" is funny yet sad at the same time. I just thought we've gone crazy.

When we got the keys and went back to the room, again we had forgotten to get another important item. An adapter for the vacuum cleaner since it's from Oman and does not fit to the style of NZ sockets. So I drove, like a psycho, back home to get the adapter while mama began work on the room.

Windows (from outside and inside), a couch, the bed's mattress and the carpet were given a nice good clean. The place smelt good and looked clean. We're satisfied now.

We went back home, took nice long showers and had a cup of coffee while planning what needs to be done for the rest of the day. All plans went down the drain though because the two hour rest that we decided to give ourselves went longer than it should, so we decided to call it quits for the day and I decided to bring us kebab's from Salateen (a halal Moroccan restaurant -- I think it's Moroccan lol) since I don't want mama to cook. It was a good dinner. Quite beautiful actually. I'd have to say it was the highlight of the day because it was the whole family talking and letting out the "adventures" of the day.

After dinner, we crossed out yet another day of December.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

And this is what shall be done by, almost, everyone who is done with university and studying abroad.

THE HORROR! * feels the pressure of cleaning this huge place alone! *

At least you are done, going back home to the nice weather! =D (to me it is anyway...)

I am sure a lot will happen in Oman when you UNPACK! xD

Anonymous said...

LoL I can't stop laughing!
I'm picturing the situation in my head when your mom took the wrong turn xD

Trust ur on the way now, so have a safe trip lady G. Waiting for you ;)

FAITH

IHMD said...

Konnichi wa onee chan,Gomennasai for being away for so long. Great post as expected from G-chan ^^

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Squinty: True true. Aah you have nothing to worry about. It's less frustrating and stressful when you're by yourself living in a room. Start early is my advise to you though!

It is very nice weather actually. I didn't expect it to be this nice. There is a liiiiiittle bit of humidity and I do find it warm weather but it's nice! I'm happy about it! =D

Faith: hehehe...it was a very weird day! Teslamo 7abibti!

IHMD: YOU SIR! Where did you disappear to? Arigato-gozimas onii-san for your comment non-the-less! =D

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Thanks for your nice comment!
I appreciate it ^^

Keep on visiting my blog =D