Dec 27, 2009

Its kindness is limitless

Well, eleven days have already passed - just like that *snaps fingers* - and I have to say that I'm enjoying my self and am very comfortable too (7amdulellah); finally! I've met up with almost everyone that I needed to meet up with but there are still a few to go (you guys know who you are *wink wink*) which I'm quite excited to meet.

One can say we've partially settled down with all that's left to do is receiving the furniture that we ordered and re-arranging the place to make it feel more cosy and homey.

I got the phone I've been wanting since June *huge grin*
I present to you Sony Ericsson C905.

I picked this very same color, bronze, since all that was left was pink and silver. I wanted black but they ran out of it (=.=) so I picked bronze because I'm not a big fan of pink and my last phone was silver; fair enough? C905 is basically the whole package, just to give you an idea in short. I love it!

I'm willing to update and fix up my CV so I can start applying for jobs since it takes a while for 'them' to reply to you here, sad enough. I know and heard that it's so hard to get a job here so it's worrying, you know. But inshAllah 5air. I don't know where to start with the looking part (websites/ads ??). But first things first prepare my CV.

I'm gonna talk about Oman a bit...just randoms things.

:: One of the coolest things about being in an Arab/Muslim country is the fact that any restaurant, supermarket and anything that sells food you go to is guaranteed to be halal *BIG grin*. So there is no need to worry or check if the product/place for that and best of all, you won't feel sad for not being able to buy it (especially when you want it badly). All you need to read is the Expiry date for products (Yes people, read the expiry date of every product!) and the menus of the restaurants! And as for the restaurants, well basically you're not just stuck with 2 or 3 places but instead you have like a bajillion places to pick from!
This part might not be about Oman, but I just had to mention it *innocent*

:: Oman is a BEAUTIFUL country. Very beautiful actually! Every time we go out (since I'm not driving) I'd be looking out the window just absorbing everything. It has changed greatly and has become tidier, cleaner, and greener (nice!). We visited Matra7 a few days ago and I was amazed by the beautiful harbor there and the very nice side walk, OH! and the greenery. I can only imagine this place at night *heart*

I enjoyed just standing there, looking at the beautiful green-blue pure water and feeling the cool breeze on my face. But it was in the afternoon, where the sun was at it's highest (big mistake), I think, and I got a minor sunburn on my nose and cheeks.

:: People stare a lot here and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT; may they be women, men, children and any nationality too. The old, married (some) Omani men are the creepiest. I'll just leave it at that.

:: Ooooh! The service here, may it be at supermarkets, banks, delivery are super super super slow. Btitla3 roo7ak (you're soul tries to escape) just waiting for them to get done. Some of them show it in their face that they HATE the job they're doing. They work bedoon nefs (with out interest). I don't blame them but come on, put a little effort in it!

:: Is it just me or has the double-head trend decreased? *thumbs-up girls*

:: Traffic jams are crazy here! No seriously, I've never seen anything like it. I think I'd enjoy the roads and driving if there was a bit of control, traffic lights here and there and actually if people followed the law. I love the roads here though! They're wide and endless. I'm not allowed to drive until I convert my license to the Omani license. Yeah! That sucks!

:: Majority of Omani's are super nice and polite! This is what I love about this country...its kindness is limitless *heart*

Can't wait to experience what more this country has got to give!


A song I've been constantly listening to for the past 2 days.

6 comments:

Salima Al Masrouri said...

Now one thing is left, you should start putting on the Omani accenT and you'll be good to go =P

Rumaitha said...

Hahaha the service is super slow I agree but you'll get so used to it that it wouldn't be as an agony =p

Glad you love it here.

Unknown said...

Now I know you are in Oman for good! xD

Get used to the weirdness and goodness of Oman! =D

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Thanx you guys!! <3

IHMD said...

The traffic jams in Muscat are horrible during rush hour and I hate the people who don't follow the law. I think there should be a huge campaign for abinding to the law.Anyhow, Which resturant now is your fav?
May be you can come with your family down here for a chnage :)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Yes yes *nodding* I totally agree.

Mmm...well I've been kind of stuck at home for the past few days so I haven't been to many restaurants *waiting for Sarz to get back so we can start our hunt lol* but I really liked Crepe Cafe. Oh oh and an Omani restaurant *forgot the name* which we got the Thareed and fist from <3

Oooh yes! Salalah is definitely on this list.