Aug 5, 2009

[Travel] Emo's vs. Pink Muscles

Monday 13th July
Time - 10:00am
Location: Arajan, Jordan

So we managed to get time, as a family, to go and do something together. We went to a place called Share3 Al Wekalat which is a long street where you have these more modern shops/restaurants on your left and right. It was not bad. Quite nice actually!

I managed to buy 3 shoes from this shop *forgot its name*, so was pretty happy about that. I definitely got disturbed in that shoe shop though because for one thing I know there are men who grow their pinky nail, to pick...stuff. But to grow the nail of the thumb is a first time. It was absolutely long and perfectly shaped O.o I wanted to break it! Ergh! *shivers* Okay! It's not like I approve of growing the pinky nail but the thumb?! Seriously?

After paying we went out and continued our walk to see many more...unexpected types of people.

You've got your Emo's. Yes! The emo trend is pretty popular here and it's the full look too; the hair, the clothes and even the makeup. The guys and the girls. I remember seeing one the first day we arrived. I was sitting with my bros in the back seat of my uncles car and this car passed by us:

Gchan: "EMO!!"

Bro gives me this scared/confused look and says:

Bro: "Oy! There are so many here...they think it's cool or something."

Then, there's the group of guys with major muscles and tight.pink.shirts.....
This did it for me >_<

Then came the fellas from the Gulf. They actually made me laugh and ticked off at the same time. Who would go from one country to another just to sit in Starbucks? Who! I find that quite retarded since there are all these nice, sha3bee - the country's own cafe's and restaurants - places. I know it's none of my business and stuff but seriously...Starbucks?!! Shame on them.

Anyways, this happened about 2-3 days ago and I just got the chance to write about it. I spent the last 2 days catching up with friends, shopping, visiting family and spending the night at my aunts house, which was a lot of fun. My cousins and I stayed up to watch a horror movies, Friday the 13th, which was a complete waste of time. We laughed at how stupid it was though...such a typical horror.

I couldn't sleep that night. I kept on thinking that we have almost 2 days till we leave and that just made me really sad. Getting back to our life in NZ...meh!

5 comments:

cK said...

pink shirts + emo = gay, i dunno how they could live with themselves !

isnt the reason u were sleepless was coz of the movie =P?!

nosa said...

eeww we have those guys here!
walah they think they r manly or something :p ewww

ahhhh i hate goodbyes.. theyr the sadest thing...

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

cK: *rolling eyes atchyou =P*


nosa: tell me about...yeeesh!

=( at the goodbyes comment.

Sara said...

I have a paranoia with muscled guys in pink shirts. They literally make my skin crawl with repulsion xD

a55 am disgusted now

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

bash bash *pats head*

the things in life that makes us go eeeew *rolls eyes*