Aug 1, 2009

[Travel] Am I in a movie?

Saturday 4th July
Location: Arajan, Jordan
Time: 8:30am


Goodness! I can't believe it's Saturday already. Time goes by even faster here *noooo*.
Anywho, basically what happened is the whole family gathered up and went on a lovely, full day trip. We rented a 25 seats bus that came with a driver (hah...that sounds funny =P) who drove us to 3 places. First stop was Jarash, also known as Geresa...I think lol. Is that place awesome or is that place AWESOME! It's one of the famous historic locations in Jordan and I don't know why but the whole time I was there I kept remembering 2 movies; 300 and Troy (loved both of them). Maybe because of the Roman-y feel to it or how it's built and stuff.

So it's a really cool place...huge as well. It needed a lot of walking, which was NOT cool -____- (kidding). Let the pictures speak for them selves:

Jordan is a really beautiful country!
This kid was sitting right at the entrance to Jarash making these
Sands in the bottle souvenirs. Very talented! I bought one with my name on it.Cool costume...bet he's hating himself though =PI heard music coming from the area where I took this shot... I was way down there in the big circle-y area.
Guess who was making music?!
He was waving at me so hard to take a picture of him lol.Long long road!
After Jarash we head to an area called Ajloon (3ajloon) to find a nice, shady place to sit and have lunch. We found just that and started unpacking for lunch. Mashallah there was a lot of food and looked good but for some unknown reason didn't eat much =( *regretting it* Oh! I forgot to take a shot of the food...was too busy setting things up and passing food around *innocent*

Anywho, this old old man, walked over with a rababah (which I love the sound of), sat down, took the names of my Dad and my uncles (abo first oldest son name) and started reciting a poem while including their names and playing the rababah. It was really nice and funny!

Rababah Man!
After that, we just sat around chatting and drinking Arabic coffee. Yeah! I tried Arabic coffee for the first time...and it was sugarless O.O Yes! I actually liked it because it had Cardamom (Hael) in it but it was super strong. The strongest coffee I ever drank.

We eventually got bored and decided to head to Qal3at 3ajloon (Ajloon castle) which is also known as Salah Al Deen's Castle. Now that was something! It was on a mountain and till now I don't know how the bus driver go us up there.

The castle has an area for a small Museum that displays olden day Jewelery, Kohl spoons (which look scary), and coins which were the size of a really really really small button O.O Then there were these big stones that had Arabic writing (from what it looks like) on it, but no one is able to read it without a translation. Being 'me', I took a picture of the stone but not the translation =D

We headed up further more and into the castle, snapping pictures here and there until we reached the outside. Now the view was pretty much breath taking! It was really beautiful and the breeze was so nice. All you could see is land, mountains and little houses. I was with my Dad when he told me "Beyond those mountains (Dad points at mountains)...is Palestine". I just looked at him like O.O, then a rush came over me, feeling all tingly just knowing that Palestine is just beyond those mountains. We were that close, eh.

Palestine behind the farthest mountain :"(
Click image for better look.

We got back to the bus and headed home and let me just say, the ride home was a fun-crazy ride. I won't go into detail but it mostly consisted of traditional Dabka music, dancing (xD) and planning a cousins only trip to PETRA!!!! I'm SO excited! =D

Anywho, this is all I've got for now. I'm hungry so I'm off to have breakfast.


p.s. I miss the internet. I can't believe I can go this long without it =O

5 comments:

cK said...

loved the pics , its so beautiful!

i think i can translate that langauge =P

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

really?!!

what does it say?

^_^

cK said...

it cant be said in the net, *classified =P*

nosa said...

ahhh i wanted to see the castle !!!

i love the travel diary btw :D
keeep em coming

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

cK: reeeeeeally now...
I think you just don't know =P

nosa: thanx hon! It's almost over though...maybe 2 more entries *thinks*

Keep passing by =)