Jul 27, 2009

Noodles guy

So a break from my travel posts and let me talk about what's happening at uni lately.

Nothing exciting really. It's my last semester of my 4 year Bachelors degree and I can't wait till it's over. I think this could be the toughest semester out of all the semesters that passed and I say that because I'm doing 4 papers where one of them is a full semester project. I'm trying to keep my spirits high, stay positive and not let the pressure and stress get to me. So inshallah 5air. Having said all those stuff, I'm quite enjoying my papers (except for one =P) and I don't know, but there's a certain, different feel to this semester.

So today in my Game studies lecture, I witnessed what one would call an outrageous...scene (?!). Everyone is seated and the lecturer is talking away about today's topic when one guy enters and heads straight to the front of the lecture room, right in front of the wide lecturers desk, carrying a small transparent container that had white stuff in it. He sat down and I turned my attention back to the lecture.

The lecturer walked back and forth, so I followed him where he went till he got to the place the guy sitting in front was. He caught my attention again because I saw something...unusual. lol. The guy has opened his container and separated the lid from the container, where the noodles...YES! Indemo noodles, rested on the lid. He was adding the sauces/flavors/mix to the container. Mixed the mix with a fork then, in an unbelievable way, added the noodles, that were on the lid, to the container. Then he mixed the noodles with the sauce mix, and slurped away the content of the container in...probably under a minute.

I was utterly shocked! The person I truly felt sorry for though was the lecturer. He actually turned red with anger and was totally distracted, maybe disturbed, by this guy. The worst thing he probably dreaded is walking over to the computer to click the mouse so that he can go to the next slide of the PowerPoint. The computer he used was directly opposite of noodle guy, so he can see him even if he didn't want to.

After noodle guy finished eating the noodles, he put his fork down and used his index finger to wipe the container clean of the left over sauce. At this point I was completely disgusted! Damn, where are the manners and respect gone?! After all of this, he took out his laptop and started surfing the net.........

It's a 2 hour lecture, so when the first one ended and we were given a 10 minute break, noodle guy got up and moved to what seems like the last row of the lecture room. Yeah! Now he moves to the back, where no one could've seen him eat his noodles.

He got made fun off. 2 Kiwi guys sitting behind me described him as an "ass" and "what the hell is he doing cooking and eating noodles in class, that's so retarded...wahwahwahwah"...serves him right!

So much for freedom when it's being abused in such a way.

Though as much as I found it disgusting and totally a stupid and disrespectful thing to do...I also found it funny =P

G'Night ^_^

8 comments:

Muggle said...

Wow.. that's so unbelievably disrespectful! I remember how some of my lecturers would get so pissed off if people talked. I wonder what they would've said about this!

Sara said...

Eww lol. Wasn't he the same guy who ate boiled eggs during 325 last year?

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

yeah!
same one =\
ooh I remember the whole room stunk of boiled egg. YuK!!

cK said...

eating in a lecture o.O , i wonder the how he didnt get slapped or shouted at xD

akeed you were hungry =P

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

we're allowed to eat/drink in class...but not like this and usually you don't sit RIGHT infront of the lecturer. lol.

was not...I had a better lunch before the lecture...SUSHI!! <3

nosa said...

omg ! hahahahay! 3aad nodded :p and boiled eggs!
that must have stunk up the room big time!!

weirdo :p

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

nosa: It totally did...it totally did O.o

Wasn't nice at all and he was sitting 2 rows behind us so we got the hit straight off =\

aamnaa said...

hahahaha this is so strange, i see it funny too. Noodles!! it is difficult to eat when you are sitting alone how about in front of classmates and lecturer?! the guy must be so 'don't give a damn' type. I can't imagine why the instructor didn't comment on that