Jul 21, 2009

[Travel] Altitude 37,892ft

Saturday 27th June
Local time at current position - 3:11am
Location - Emirates Airlines seat #40F
Altitude - 37,892 ft
Ground speed - 585mph


So on our way to Dubai. We've got 3 hours and 36 minutes to go. A lot has passed and only a bit is left *yay* so sick of the airplane, and damn is my throat dry.

Surprisingly I manged to sleep, I think, 2-3 hours of the total time...so am happy about that lol. Food was just okay! Don't know...didn't like it much but the salads were great and they gave out these beef wraps as a "midnight snack", which were really good.

I forgot the number of movies I've watched so far. Umm...from NZ to Aussie I watched *crap don't remember*...OH! The Pink Panther 2. It sucked big time. Was so bored with it that I didn't focus on it much =\ The first part was so good I don't know what the hell happened in this one (?). I played a trivia game with my bro and it turned out he was cheating...well I kept loosing so there's something suspicious about that =P

I also browsed through their music library. Wow! They've got some pretty hardcore but ancient stuff on there. I found Metallica's self titled album and found the song that I was in the mood/wanted to listening to..."Nothing Else Matters". Love that song! Put it on repeat and watched the info channel that tells us where we currently are and so on.



Oh! We got delayed pretty badly at AUX airport =\ We were stuck in the plane for at least an hour...on the runway. The reason to why that happened is cos Aussie has closed all of it's air strips and is not allowing anyone in. Even the planes that are meant to land at that moment are just circling above the airports >_< (would've hated it if I was on one of those planes). Why? We never got told the reason O.O *suspicious* We freaked out even more when the Pilot told us "if we don't get clearance to move, we'll take you back to the airport. So sorry about this delay but please stay seated and enjoy our services". That just did it for us lol. But el 7amdulellah we ended up going...we're already out of Aussie now and what it looks like flying over India (??) That area anyways!

Back to movies lol...I also watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop...which was just OK but had a few laughs here and there. Haha at the part where he was running through the airport =P What else?! I watched Bolt...majorly disappointed =( Was actually excited for it. Someone *can't remember who* told me it wasn't great...should've listened to them lol. But aaaw at the friggin' hamster. He was so cute and awesome lol!


I also watched Bride Wars...it was alright as well (don't know I'm being really strict with these movies). Then I wanted to watch Yes Man! but my eyelids started giving up on me so I think I snoozed for a while to wake up to a bit of turbulence O_o

Through out this whole time, I've slept, eaten and watched movies...Damn! That is so unhealthy lol. Argh! I can't wait to get off this plane!

The plane is totally different! Seats are comfier and more spacious, wider screens, remote is bigger aaaaaand there's a usb port where you can connect any portable USB device!! At the moment, since I'm awake and don't feel like watching movies, I'm writing here and listening to my mp3 player. Current song is "Egypt Central - You make me sick (Acoustic Live)". Such a good song! While bro is sitting next to me playing chess. From what it looks like, he's getting his butt kicked lol

My poor poor legs...they're so sore =( Anywho, I'm going to umm...play a game or something. I think I've said everything I wanted to say...Oh yeah!! I don't know why but I keep on bumping into people...accidentally! What's up with that?!

7 comments:

nosa said...

question..
did u write that while on the plane?? it seems so live action! hehe


i love to write on plans.. coz i tend to 4get what ever happened while i was in that flying tube :p

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

yup while on the plane...hint "location - Emirates Airlines seat #40F Altitude - 37,892 ft" =P

I was bored...had to occupy myself with something lol.

Anonymous said...

I once had a one hour delay in a place as well! XD

I usually listen to music during the flight and RARELY watch movies. At least you did something good and wrote in your blog! =P

Enas Satir said...

yea i love travelling but i kinda hate the process: waking up too early to catch the plane, all the check points, all the time wasted on a plane..lool..
but then again, you wrote in ur blog, that can't be time wasted!
:P

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

yeah exactly!

I didn't really write in my blog it's more of the book. I'm getting all these entries from the book I took with me to write down everything that happens there lol.

cK said...

delay in those flights is a must xD sucks big time !

yuo shouldv watched ( yes man) awal shay =P its the best between them xD

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

lol...I did watch it straight after I wrote this entry in my book lol! It was such a nice movie...Love Jim Carry!