Jul 24, 2009

[Travel] Major heat wave

Monday 29th June
Time - 9:00am
Location - Oman

So I'm sick. Yay for me -___- I have a minor cold and my nose is so runny. Bleh! I'm hating it! I talk from my nose also so I sound funny lol.

Anyways, here we are finally in Oman, at our lovely new home <3 It's good to be here, but what's not good is the heat!! Sheesh, what's up with this weather eh?! lol. When we landed in Muscat, from the utterly the worst flying experience in the history of flying, and came out of the craft this major heat wave just slapped us in the face. I let out a shocked sound while my brother shouted out loudly "HOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIT" Estaghferallah xD that idiot. An Indian man was right infront of us. He just turned to look at my brother and started laughing.

Inside the actual airport was not a pleasant experience either. For some unknown reason, everyone there kept staring at us like we were aliens or something. It was freakishly...weird! We hated it even. Also, I think more than one plane has landed so it got really crowded at the entrance counters...they only had 2 counters open with THAT number of people. I found that really sad...where's the staff?!! Even worse is those guys at the counter worked slowly and sometimes they'd pause to talk to each other while we're waiting =\ *shakes head with disappointment*

The past 2 days we ended up going to Al khuwair (which is a big mistake...the place is SUPER crowded and the driving there is suicidal) and Qurum CC. It's amazing how so many things have changed. It was confusing to me, with all those new bridges and stuff. But I think it's great! Helps with the jams. The roads are pretty amazing...oh! and really clean *impressed*

But today, today is the day we travel to Jordan =O Nice! Wonder how it's going to be (?). We're taking off at 3:00pm inshallah, so we got quite a bit of time.

I finally bought a camera; Samsung PL65 and I just love it! 12.2 MP's, 5 times optical zoom, face detection and a high resolution, etc. Been snapping away with it but I still need to learn about it's many options. I didn't buy a phone sadly. The phone I wanted was a bit out of my budget (since the camera was pricey) and I am being indecisive with the other options out there =( We've been to so many mobile shops yet I can't choose anything...nothing is grabbing my attention. Anywho, will see what happens when I get back from Jordan...maybe there'll be a chance for me to find a good phone inshallah!

As for the moment I'm in major need of coffee (specifically a mocha lol) and a lie down. It's been almost 2 days yet I'm still feeling as if I'm on an airplane. The floor under me is moving up and down and when I'm sitting, the room tilts slow left or right xD It's very freaky and not nice.

Laters at Jordan!! ^_^

Yum! Mocha flake at Muscat International Airport

And we're flying =O

2 comments:

cK said...

salamat !

yea the heat here, meeh, its getting better now when ur back at NZ =P
great camera ! :D hope u post more pics later :D

costa <3

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

haha..whatever you meany! It might be better for you but it'd still be hot for me -____-

Thanx! I will be posting more pics as I blog about Jordan inshallah! ^_^