Aug 8, 2009

[Travel] My Kamboo3a is bigger than yours

Thursday 16th July
Location - Al Khod, Oman
Time - 12:00pm

Aaargh! I'm in such a depressive mood right now. I really miss my cousins and every single one of my relatives. It sucks living so far away like this *angry*.

I also miss Jordan...I actually really do. It was so much fun! Not bad for a country that I had so much negative thoughts about. As for Oman...well Oman is so friggin' HOT!...and quite boring =P I don't want to be here lol. I really can't believe how air conditioners are crucial...objects in this country. I don't know how people without an AC are fighting this oven lol.

We're here for just 2 days so we only went to City Center, since it's near also. I checked out a few shops and bought a few things but honestly I was a walking zombie. I didn't feel like being there. But here's the thing...everything has changed...negatively and positively. There were some...humans that were out of place if I can say also lol.

The guys. You've got the ones with the dishdasha, which I find very handsome...them wearing the dishdasha not the guys...don't get me wrong here xD, then there are those with jeans and a shirt or a nice Qamee9. Modern, stylish and most importantly reasonable. Then! You see you're 'Gangsta Wannabes' or even worse...'The triplets' as I like to call them.
'The Triplets' consists of three guys who wear the same shoe, pants, shirt, hair-cut, hair-do, and hair-band. The hair-cut is usally of neck length. The hair-do is blow dried and curved at the tips. The hair-band is used to pull the hair back from the front.
..................

What the?! What's this "new" trend xD? Yes! Believe it or not it's a trend since I didn't just see one 'The Triplets' but more than one. I was shocked to be honest. What's fascinating though is their height. They're all the same height as well! =O I already find it weird when girls do this even though it's alright and a commen thing but to see guys doing this and with that hair-do, is just the cherry on top really!

So I finally saw the real Kamboo3a, scarf...thingy that girls wear. I got warned about this; by Omani girls. Some even said that I will laugh when I see how ridiculously high those things can get, but I actually freaked out. Seriously! I was shocked.

I was waiting to get into a dressing room to try on something when this girl came out of one of the dressing rooms....O.O This was my first Kamboo3a sighting. I think she blew dried her hair because her fringe was perfectly made in a way that it sat 7cm above her head. Then there was something higher, behind the fringe, that's covered by a black scarf. I think it was 15cm high *eyes pop out* Her head was so huge, vertically and horizontally! It looked really heavy also =\ On top of all of this about one kilogram of makeup plus blue contact lenses. Why all of this?

I found out that girls with high kamboo3a's compete with other girls to see who's kamboo3a is higher. The following conversation occurred behind me where some girls were standing very close:

Girl 1: "Why are you looking at her?"
Girl 2: "Oh! I'm not looking at her face, I just want to see if her kamboo3a is higher than mine. It's not."
Girl 1: "Aah ok."

So both of these girls saw a girl walking by (her abaya and kamboo3a caught their attention) and apparently girl 2 looked too much at the walking by girl and hence the conversation.

Well people, I'm very much shocked. I saw some reasonably sized Kamboo3a's (man I hate this word now xD am I even saying it right?) which didn't go over the head but behind it and I thought those looked really nice. But the over sized ones are just...eye popping.

Anywho, our flight back to NZ is sometime at or after Fajr...not sure. But all I know is we have to be at the Airport by 3am. So no sleep for us. I'm just waiting to have lunch (even though I don't feel like it but I'm being forced to eat since I haven't been eating much lately) then I'm off to get some sleep.

That's the end of it, sadly.

10 comments:

Lady MAB said...

Oh, so that's what it's called... I hate those things, seriously. Why on earth would girls want to make their heads look deformed or even bigger than it is? I've got a big head, and I hate it! I would NEVER use something as stupid as a kamboo3a to make it look even bigger!

Even the Omani girls do it while studying here in Malaysia. Don't they realize how ridiculous they look?!

nosa said...

gosh tell me about it!

its a thingi in all the gulf!!! or just Bahrain, oman, n uae... coz in KSA i havnt seen any yet.. n in kuwait its lesser.. since the trend is old now n there's a new 1 ( stupid most of the time )

i feel like an alien walking in malls.. most with their ( kambo3as) >> like u call it!
n im with nothing!

sad :(
n guys.. i dont know if (men) really do exist anymore.. they r all a bunch of guys now a days.. young n old..

Phat'Hi said...

The word kambo3a along with the title style sounded very very wrong in my head unfortunately. and Now, ignoring ur long post. why the fuck they call it kamboo3a!? its like they collected all bad letters in Arabic and put it together (though I have to admit, we have worse words.) but this is just one of them. And hey you G, Don't feel down walek .. its almost over and thats where you start actual life. Just make sure whatever you choose to do/will-to-do is something you want :). Best of luck, and be deery balek 3a 7alek.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

lady MAB: It's a fashion thingy O.o

nosa: the only ones who should feel like Aliens are the ones with the kamboo3a seriously it looks like the head of an Alien >.<

Phat-man dero dero dero dero: 8-) So typical of you =P
What a lazy bum Phat...it's so not a long post! And yes! I ask the same question...why Kamboo3a?!

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!! I really need it. Thank you !!

Amarant said...

lol i think it's better to write: qamboo3a (Q is heavier than K) :P

yah hate them a lot, and as you said, the ones the go behind the head are nice, but the "tower" ones look really ridiculous!

it's really sad you didnt enjoy it in Oman, maybe if you had more time and the weather was nicer you would've enjoyed it ...

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

lol Amarant...I used to say Qamboo3a but my Omani girl friends made fun of me saying

"Darling it's not Qamboo3a is Kamboo3a"...

I seriously don't care lol...both ways the word totally sucks O.O

Yeah I guess you're right about Oman. Still I'll be coming back to it in the near future no matter what inshallah ^_^

Lady MAB said...

"Art produces ugly things which frequently become beautiful with time. Fashion, on the other hand, produces beautiful things which always become ugly with time."
- Jean Cocteau

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we must alter its appearance every six months."
- Oscar Wilde (my personal hero)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Damn true!

shanna said...

LOOOL !!!!!

i hate the word Qamboo3a , the double-headed-virus .

i didn't know that girls actually CARE if another girl has a bigger Qamboo3a , it sounds redicilous !

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

I thought the same too. But actually it's there =S