Aug 21, 2009

Ramadan is upon us!

First of all I'd like to say Ramadan Mubarak dear readers! I wish you all a blessed month for you and your families...for all of us. May Allah accept our fasting ya rab!

It's almost going to be a whole year since my first post in this blog. Can't believe it. A whole year (on 9/9/09)!! Looking back at those days, so many things have changed. I'm looking forward to Ramadan. Actually, I'm always looking forward to it. Even though I'm in NZ and there's a different feel to it in the Arab/Muslim countries, it still feels like something else. Not like any other day. I just love it!

A mini update on me:

Well what can I say, it's been a pretty hectic B-semester for me with lots of weird, crazy, stressful and pressuring things happening. On top of all of this, I had gotten really sick with a flu, recently. Yes! I totally suspected that swine flu has finally gotten to me, but el 7amdulellah it turned out to be just the usual winter flu.

All of these things happened but I'm just thankful that I had wonderful, amazing friends by my side supporting and pushing me to do what I can. You guys well know who you are (some will not be reading this because they don't know about my blog xD) so just know I'm thankful for you guys! <3 Also, love goes out to my Mama!

So a two week "holiday" has started here, today was the last day, and I'm pretty glad that we'd only have to fast two weeks during uni. The reason why I used quotations marks in holiday is because, well, you can't say it's a holiday really. I mean, I've got 3 assignments to hand in next week so I'll be going into uni to do some work plus I have my full semester project. Crazy right! A lot to do...which is good because I'd like to be busy rather than not.

Lately I've been interested in Horror Games O.O Yeah! I know...where did that come from? Actually it came from my Game Studies course that I'm taking this semester. The main focus is on horror games, and for our first assignment we have to play a game and analyze it by writing a 2000-2500 word essay. I've been playing Resident Evil 4...and I LOVE IT!

Anyways, this is it from me. I should go sleep, since tonight we will have so7or inshallah (3 hours and a half to go....I'm so going to be cranky xD).

Ramadan Mubarak all!
G'Night

10 comments:

nosa said...

3aleena o 3aleech..
ameen to ur do3a2..

n allah esahel 3alech with all the uni work.. n inshalah u score well in them in the end:D

shanna said...

Ramadhan kareeeem to you too hun !!

i have a 2 week long holiday left too , i think , not sure when will college start with all this swine flu drama ..

Good luck with your uni work ;D

Sara said...

I agree with the "holiday" part.

3alena oo 3aleki, ameen ya raab.

I wanna watch Coraline =(

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Thanx nosa, shanna~ and Sarz...hope you're first day of fasting is going smoothly inshallah =)

I want to watch a bunch of movies ya Sarz =(

Just Another Blogger said...

3alaina o 3alaich o 3asach men 3awada !

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Allah yetqabal mina wa menkum =)

lily said...

ameen ya rab
Ramadhan Kareem G

that does sound stressful
I have a lot of work to do too (and I don't have a "holiday" -.-) bs alhamdulilah I don't feel too stressed about it.. but I've begun losing sense of time.. a7es yemor too fast!
yallah betawfeeq inshallah, hope you do great in all ur work

and that course! o.o
its so awesome! I mean your assignment is to play a game lool
*so envious*

cK said...

ramadhan kareem !

u needed that 2 weeks to dump all the pressure and to start working hard again :D

so resident evil4 or WoW? =P

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

lily: Goodluck hon. Ma3lish just et7amalee this last few minutes and you'll be done inshallah. I'm sure you'll do well inshallah =)

Isn't it a cool course...true we have to play a game for the first assignment but there's a catch...dun dun duuuuun, we have to write an essay. Bleh!

=D

c to the K: you are so right! I think just today (the fourth day of the holiday) where I can truly say that my holiday has started, but still I've got things to do.

-_______- that's such a hard question I don't know how to answer. Can I say both? :$

Enas Satir said...

hey.. Ramadan Kareem.. wish u all the best inshallah..:)