Sep 19, 2009

Is it Eid yet?

So here's what happened. I started receiving txts after ftoor saying that "The moon has been sighted, so tomorrow is Eid. Eid Mubarak everyone!", so on and so on. I was so out of this world with this news because I didn't want Eid to be on Monday, since I've got 3 hours of lectures plus a 30% assignment due on that day. So I can imagine that the day would be finished by the time I can do anything for Eid.

After the "Wohoo's" and "In your face, tomorrow's Eid" and "Eid Mubarak", I receive a txt from friends saying to go over to their house to put henna. I love henna and the two Eid's is about the only time where I get to put it. As I was getting henna-ed I was FWD-ing and receiving txt messages from friends, when I read the mother of all let downs; "Eid is not tomorrow it's on Monday". "The moon is actually not sighted, so tomorrow is the 30th of Ramadan, Sorry for the false news". And some crazy person actually sent "April fools tz nt eid 2mrw! Tz on Monday. Sory!", who got an angry reply from yours truly of "You Suck!". Pretty sad isn't it, what they did to us I mean. Like the excitement when you get the news that it's Eid has gone to waste. Now if someone told me, "EID IS TOMORROW", the reply will be "Yeah old news. Already know that since Saturday". The feeling is just gone.

Ah well. It was by accident I guess. Another day of the holy month to go so we should totally use this day wisely. I just feel sorry for the friends that I txt'd with the news, who txt'd their friends who txt'd their friend's friends and so on. Small country, so word get's around pretty quickly.

Anywho, since I'm flooded with uni (4 weeks till the semester finishes *eyes pop out*) work at the moment plus Eid is just around the corner, I feel that I won't be able to blog much until I get some of the things out of the way. So I'd like to wish you all, in advance, my wonderful readers, if you guys are still reading me -- I'm sorry for not updating much, EID MUBARAK! Kel 3am Wa Ento Be Alf 5air! May God accept our fasting and bless us and our families, Ameen. I also wish you all a wonderful Eid with many sweets and money-eh! =D

P.S. I've got a couple of things that'd I'd like to blog about, and I think I will write them down somewhere just so I don't forget them. Stay tuned.

G'Night

5 comments:

TripleTee said...

if i had a lot to do such msgs would drive me insane.

but since I barely care what day eid is since I have a holiday anyway and am pretty prepared for it. come what may.

i've a feeling eid's on monday. they still didnt see the hilal

Muggle said...

Aw I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted.
Eid Mubarak in advance anyway :D! It's on Monday here in Oman too.

nosa said...

u know on on black bery messenger its all eid,not eid, eid, not eid for hours n hours..
its soo crazy!!

i thought it was Eid in Aus on sunday???
e7na wer all eid.. i guess accept Oman.. they r always a day later...

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Tee: Well at that time of the day, 7:30pm and onwards, it's just relaxing time. lol. So the msgs were 3adi except the ones that ruined "the moment" lol.

Muggle; aaw you so sweet! Sho ensawee lol. Maybe there's a good reason behind this so inshallah 5air ^^

nosa: hehe...you guys as well hah?! Yalla mesh meshkelee. I'm in NZ and I think we follow Aussie, not sure wallah how they do this. You know it was so cloudy yesterday that it'd be impossible to spot the hilal =\

You're all Eid?! =O
Aah that's so cool, 3eedek Mubarak inshallah ^^

Maryam said...

Good luck with everything, G.

kel 3am wo inti b5air, wo 3asash min 3awadah. Enjoy your eid.