Sep 26, 2009

[What's This?] Your Own Advice

Have you ever found your self in a situation where you can give good advice and boost up the person you're advising, yet you don't apply this advice on yourself? I will not deny this but I'm constantly in such situations and I only realize it when I'm in a stressed out mood. It's a good thing to give advice to people, especially if they were friends. It makes you feel good that you cheered up someone or you gave them a little push to get them on their way. Then after a few days or so, they come to tell you "I did what you advised me, and I'm so happy everything is going well...". It's a nice feeling isn't it? ^^

I've been told a couple of times that I'm good at advising people yet I'm the worst at advising myself or following my own advice. This sentence might've sounded weird to you. I mean, you might ask yourself "What the hell, you already know the advice so just take it?", but it actually doesn't work that way. There's a bit more to it. I have to agree with this sentence; I also doubt I'm the only one agreeing and surly there's absolutely nothing wrong with it because after all we're only human.

I've discovered that most of the times it's best to hear advice from others even though you know it already. It's just different when it's coming from someone, especially if they were close. The best thing is when they feel that there's something with you even though you're doing your best to hide it. It's nice. Plus, feeling good afterward comes with the package so there's nothing negative about that. One may say, "No, I don't need advice, people don't need to know what I'm feeling/thinking. I'm not that type of person. I'm strong...", surprise surprise you may find yourself, one day, in need of a person with the right advice that will lift you up and change this idea that's in your head.

There you go!

6 comments:

Lady MAB said...

loving the posts, but if you don't mind changing the title just one more time to '*your* own advice', that would be grand. sorry, it's one of those things that really irk me.

otherwise, i fully agree with you on the advice part. i usually can give good advice too, but when it comes to following it...

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

OMG! I can't believe I did that >.<
Thanks for pointing that out and don't worry I'm like you lol

Done!

Glad you liked them ^^

Anonymous said...

Dont talk the talk unless you can walk the walk :P, I'm totally the opposite I only listen to my own advices..but I'm sure you're wise enough to always do the right thing =)

TripleTee said...

I don't always follow my own advice because sometimes the advice I believe would work for others might not work for me.

I just mention what I would do in their place. Or if it's what I believe should be done but don't do myself. I would say just that. lol

that I don't do it but I believe if it was done it would solve the problem.
Maybe that person might be better at following my advice than myself.

cK said...

i guess its nromal for anyone to advise someone while he/she needs the same advice is that we cant always see what we do wrong on ourselves, and we need someone , 8a close friend* to point it out too and advise us

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Wolfeya: Yeah, tab3an. But no one is perfect and it never hurts to hear what others have got to say to/for you =)

Tee: True that!

cKz: "we cant always see what we do wrong on ourselves"...well said! ^^