Nov 2, 2009

Lazy Updater

I've been wanting to update this place since forever (I've got a couple of things in mind). I even clicked on the "new post" button a couple of times and I type one line but end up ditching it. Anywho, I've finally pushed myself to update! Talk about being a big lazy lol

:: I can say that I'm officially done with University....FOREVER (inshAllah!) but I do have my final year project report to complete which is not a biggie' because it's almost done. In the end, I can't believe I'm fully finished with uni. Four years just gone like that *snaps fingers* It went really fast and I have to say it's going to be weird not going to uni everyday, sitting in the lab where I find my mates and kind of get stuck there for the rest of the day working on assignments. Epic days! The labs were my second home. I'm going to miss these days and the people that were a part of them...and I'm also going to miss Bongo (best Sushi shop in the whole of Hamilton FYI) *tearing*

Last Sushi lunch for Sarz (she's leaving for Oman tomorrow): taken today.

:: I'm back to being a movie-holic/freak which I'm happy about, because this semester was very tough so I had lost this freakishness about movies. On Saturday is when I finally got the chance to rent some movies;
  • Fight Club (Action)
  • Super Bad (Comedy)
  • The Exorcism of Emily Rose (Horror)
  • Definitely Maybe (Drama/Romance)
  • The Lookout (Thriller)
  • City Hall (Thriller)
  • Australia (Drama/Romance/War)
I'd be happy to take any suggestions, since I'm running out of movies to watch.
I have a feeling "City Hall" might get a nice review from me...so will see how that goes.

:: I should be getting back to my Web Design/Development job soon (after I hand in the final copy of my report) which I can't wait for because I really miss it. *Nerd alert* Honestly though, I really did miss it. One more website left to create for my client and I'll be done. Hopefully I'll be finished before we head back to Oman.

:: So we booked tickets for Oman on the 16th of December. I honestly can't wait to get back! Our stuff is getting sold and our house is getting emptier slowly *Yay*

:: Sarz suggested that I take on the 365 Project, where you take a picture of something that explains your day in one line "story". It sounds interesting and fun, plus I've gotten into photography lately so it's bound to give me good practice. I haven't decided when I'll start. I guess I'm just waiting for the "right picture" lol

:: Lastly, I've discovered that most of the videos I favorite on Youchube (intended) are acoustic (I love this word) covers of some of my favorite songs. Just the other day, I found a fantastic cover of Outlandish's beautiful song "Aicha" done by some Indonesian guys. One is playing the guitar and another is playing the beautiful Oud. So one can just imagine how amazing (IMO) it would sound. I LOVED IT! It's completely instrumental. What's awesomer is you can totally make out the tune. Perfect-o!


Listen to that Oud

Watching this video made me want to learn the song (I think I tried before but it was hard) on my guitar and learn to play the Oud also! *crosses hands*

9 comments:

lak47 said...

I love acoustic stuff tooooooo! :D

I always make it a point to look for new rock songs (or old) and afte liking a song, directly look for the acoustic version :D

nosa said...

ohh i wana start the 365 thingi about a while back :D
i wanted it to be starting November 2009.. but i feel depressed so i wont mark m first day with a depressing picture..
i have the picture of yesterday :p but hehe.. might really do it!

so u graduated n leaving NZ for good?

Muggle said...

Gchan you always manage to find awesome cover songs :D.
I don't know how it feels to be done with uni and to go back to your country for good but all the best hun :D *hugs*.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

lak47: Hiii! Aren't acoustics just the best! *.*

Haha, that's exactly what I do. I so become gutted when I don't find an acoustic version of a rock song that I like. I'm always amazed by those rough rock songs how soft they can sound when sung acoustically. Like who knew it could be sung that way lol.

Listen to Dead by April - Losing You both the original and acoustic version. Fantastic!

nosa: You should definitely start the 365 project cos you're awesome at expressive photography.

Still waiting on marks to make sure I made it xD and yeah leaving NZ for good inshAllah!

Muggle: Yay! Glad you liked it...I will surly share more ^^

I can't wait for the 16th of December. Even though Oman is not really my home country but truly it does feel like home, a place that I'd want to return to anyways!

Thanx hun *hugs*

Maryam said...

Seems like Sarz and you had a great time together. She'll be back on the 5th, I guess.

Good luck with the final report and congrats in advance.

3o8bali *crossed fingers*

Kiss NZ's weather goodbye ;)

lak47 said...

@ G:

Hiiiii! :D

Yup, acoustic versions of rock whoop any other music form.

You've heard of the 'punk goes acoustic?' Bunch of unknown punk rockers singing covers (acoustic) of the old rock songs. Great stuff.

Will look for that song now which you recomm.

cheers! :D

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

kitten: mmm I guess. Hope she reaches there safely and that her journey wasn't bad.

Thank you! Yes 3oqbalek! ^^

lak47: no I haven't. First time I hear about them right now. I will check them out. Any songs you recommend though =D

Enjoy!

IHMD said...

Congratulations G-chan,you will miss theunifor sure but you can go for Masters degree, I really miss the uni now and I think I should complete my higher education " at least before getting married lol"
welcome back to Oman onee-san ^^
P.S: That bento looks so del-ici-ous XD

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

I will miss it, especially my friends and sushi! *cries*

Higher studies? I don't think so...for the mean time anyways I need a break lol.

Good luck to you! And thanx ^^

*gives sushi to IHMD*