Nov 18, 2009

No way, José!

:: I can officially and finally say I'm done with my Bachelors. My marks for my four papers came out last Friday, and hamdulAllah (Thanks to God) I have passed with good grades and managed to do well in a paper that I was worried about. I carry a Bachelors Degree in Computing and Mathematical Sciences (BCMs) now. How cool is that?! Looking back at the days, I remember when people came to ask me what I'm studying and I'd say the full name of my degree. It was a mouthful lol but yay, I'm done!

:: I've started work on my clients third website and I'm enjoying it since I've missed designing and coding websites. Here's a sneak peak.

It's still under construction. First thing I need to do is re-size those icons on the top-right corner; they're too big. Check out that name at the bottom =P

:: I hate goodbyes.

:: G is officially a Full License holder baby-eh YEAH! I had my 1 hour long test yesterday, and I have to say it was nerve wrecking and quite hard. To be honest, I was beyond shocked that I passed because I almost killed us. When that huge mistake occurred, I gave up all hope. I was told to take us (instructor and I) back to the station and that's when I was telling my self while driving all the way back that I failed. "Oh my gorsh! I have to take the tests in Oman. How the heck will I ever pass?!" and all those negatives thoughts just rushed through. What they usually do is they tell you if you passed/failed when you've parked the car at the station. So I parked the car, in a retarded way, and waited for the bad news.

Instructor: Well...*pause*....you passed, BUT! ...
G: I PASSED?! *surprise in my voice*
Instructor:...you need to be careful with your speed (yeah I was speeding) and intersections. Other than that, you did well.

I went into a fit of thank you's, then the instructor went for smoke. I guess I stressed him out lol

:: the countdown to going back to Oman (for good) has started since Monday. Twenty Seven days to go. Day by day I get more excited yet impatient because I just want to get there. Stress is in the air since we're trying to sort out everything quickly so we can be on the safe side. Though at the same time, we're trying to enjoy as much of the days we've got left here in NZ; especially the driving in my case.

Black Coats
This was taken in Rotorua last Saturday.

:: besides all this busy-ness with work, traveling within NZ and packing, I manage to get some of the things I consider fun for me. I've said this before I guess but my freakish-ness for movies has returned so I try to get down a movie a day.

The new set:
  • The Women (drama)
  • The Love Guru (comedy)
  • The Man Who Cried (drama)
  • The Haunted Mansion (family)
  • Gone Baby Gone (drama)
Surprising isn't it? Not a single thriller. I guess I've been abusing them lately or maybe not many have caught my attention at the video store, hence the "light" choices. I think I will write movie reviews, for every movie I watch, from now on so that this place stays alive. One is on "hold" at the moment.

Also, I've been playing one of the scariest games out there. Yes! It is. Fatal Frame III The Tormented (aka Project Zero 3) is the game. I'm more than half-way through, so I'm hoping that I finish it before I leave. I didn't go through any dramatic screaming fits like how you'd find on youchube (example below). I'm usually silent except for the few "Oh my God" (s) and "eeeeeeh" that escape me without knowing. There were a few days (maybe a week) where I had hardcore paranoia...at night. Yeah! The game had it's effects especially on my sleeping because I kept thinking that a dark figure is going to pass by my door while I'm in bed, so I had to keep myself awake, checking the door every 5 seconds just in case. Yes! I sound like a baby and I know it's just a game, but I have to say it is one of the scariest games I've ever played. I'm over it now, I sleep fine lol and I WILL FINISH IT! I have to. I came all this way and went through all that to give up in the end? No way, José!


Warning: excess swearing (they're a bunch of guys, so go figure).
I played this part and it was horrible.

:: Summer; what I don't like about summer is Sushi. Yes! Shocking as it may sound coming from yours truly, but Sushi just looses it during summer.

:: I'm addicted to m&m's O.O

10 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, I want to be the first to congratulate you on finishing your Bsc! =D
No more studies and work only!
(work is more fun from what I have experienced and heard! =P)

And congrats on passing your driving test! I passed but the police officer said "you passed BUT! you're too slow in changing gears! get better."
haha... Told my parents I was bad with Manual cars...

That website looks amazing!
(Do I get paid for just being here? xD)

23 days is a lot to do so much... I usually take 2 days for the packing bit (have only 2 big bags and 1 small one) and as for fun... DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN BEFORE GOING TO THE OMAN!
Oman will be evil to us once we go back because we will have "eyes" everywhere that will lead "mouths" to talk about us. -_-

Other than that, enjoy your time and life to the fullest now! =D

Maryam said...

Congraaaaaaaats, G! Really happy for you for all of the above reasons.

The site looks so neat and wonderful; you've certainly done a great job on it.

Oman's waiting for you; meanwhile, enjoy your stay in NZ while you can.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Son: I had to go to your blog to figure out who you were xD Squinty dude you changed your name!

Anywho, thanks so much! Yes I have to agree work is much more fun since I've worked while studying, but now it's just work so I can enjoy it more without having to worry about assignments or stuff of that sort =P

Manual!?! Nice, I want to learn manual so I can learn to drift lol I still can't believe I passed. I'm waiting for my license to get sent to me. Hope the picture looks good >.<

Aaw thanx about the website and here's 50bz for just being here =P

Oh! It's not just the packing. We're selling our stuff and things of this sort. So it's pretty hectic.

What do you mean by:

Oman will be evil to us once we go back because we will have "eyes" everywhere that will lead "mouths" to talk about us. -_-

??

Sank oo!

kitten: Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I liked the part when you said "Oman's waiting for you" (a)

Unknown said...

haha! xD
Yeah, I changed my name for 2 days because I wanted to try something out! =P

Wow... selling stuff is hectic...

Believe me... Manual is GOOD if you want to drift as you said but not for driving... too tiring! (for me anyway)

Oman's society love talking about people more than anything else so if they see something in you, the people with you, ... etc.
They will make a lot of rumours and it might get messy.

* takes 50 baisa to buy M&M *

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Meh...just don't give them a chance =)

m&m's ROCK!
Was addicted to them last week lol

Enas Satir said...

heeeey.. congrats!! that's great news!! alf mabrook walahi..
n ur design looks cool.. keep it up!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Thank you so much!! ^^

Lak47 said...

The site looks neat! :D

Got a nice, relaxing color scheme as well.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Aaw thank you!!

I've uploaded it today http://www.indulge.org.nz

Anonymous said...

UNDEREXPOSE THE BIRDS NEXT TIME


THE SCARLETTPIMPERNNEL