Oct 18, 2009

[What's This?] "Analyzer "

I will always and forever be an "analyzer" (or a thinker) unless some kind of miracle happens where a lightening bolt strikes me and stops me from this madness.

Thursday night, I had quite a long chat with a good friend of mine which kind of went into the late night hours (11:00-11:30pm) and since my friend knows the kind of person I am, I was told to head to bed early since I "need", at least, one hour and a-half to analyze and think about "whatever I think about". I immediately defended myself by saying that that is not true.

It was true...

One may ask, what in the world would G think about? Well, that night I ended up thinking about my last assignment for my COMP437 paper - which is having to write a wiki article on "Feedback Relevance" and designing an interface to complement the article. I just kept getting ideas and sentences of how and what to start my wiki article with. After a while, I realized that my friend was right about me. Here I am, lying in bed, 12:30am and thinking about what to write for my assignment. O......kay! At that point I got angry and finally admitted that this is a problem because I could've used the one hour or so of thinking, by sleeping! Hence, came thinking part 2. I started thinking that I'm going to blog about this particular..."thing" and include it in the category "What's This?". I also started thinking how should I start it, what to write and so on, which all basically took about half an hour. Oh! I also thought if I should include a picture with this post and what should it be. Am I crazy? Yes, I think I am.

I stopped myself from all this madness and decided to get a drink of water. When I got back in bed, I finally fell asleep. So, I guess I should've done this earlier if it was going to make me sleep.

Next morning, I lost all my train of thoughts, all my ideas for my assignment and "this blog post" (which is about three days late by the way) and everything just turned out differently than what I thought about. What I thought about seemed cooler (!) but it's all forgotten now due to my incredible power of remembering things.

Word of the day: "think"

Are you a ?

P.S. If you're wondering why I used that picture, well, that's L from an anime called Death Note (best anime out there) and he is a major thinker! It's part of his job though.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason I am like that too...

I think a lot and no matter what time I go to sleep I have to think about something. Whether it was planning for tomorrow, what I did, what I need to do, ... etc.

I was like this since I was young and it wasn't a problem back then but now it is a huge problem really.

I didn't find any way to stop thinking. I would tire myself to sleep and do everything I can to stop thinking but I ALWAYS end up thinking.

I think it is okay to "think" as long as it is not too much?

IHMD said...

G-chan, I also have the same issue. I admit I analyze alot too. one day I was on my bed thinking about something for 2 hours then I knew I wasn't going to sleep that way so I stopped by watching TV to end it. Don't worry, you'r not alone.You know let's form a support group for compulsive analyzers :D

Nadia said...

Dude, I go to bed at 11 every night because I know I'll actually 'sleep' at 1 a.m! I try to read in bed but reading triggers more thoughts. I think all writers/bloggers are analyzers and have serious sleep problems.

Anyway, it's not a bad thing. The world needs more serious thinkers. Too many idiotic people in our world don't think and end up hurting others.

Keep thinking.

PS (I have five pens beside my bed and three notebooks. Always ready to take notes! Even at 3 a.m! All my brainy ideas come out after midnight. I also solve math problems in bed to try and put me to sleep. nerd)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Squinty: when is it too much though? =D

IHMD: You know, I did the same thing one time. Instead of watching tv for me, I surfed the net and watched episodes of dexter. Haha, I laughed at "Don't worry, you'r not alone.You know let's form a support group for compulsive analyzers :D"

lool, hey! we so should =P

Nadia: Wow! I totally agree about the reading. Especially if you're so into the book...if you stop reading you'll be thinking about what will happen, then you decide to FINISH the WHOLE thing. After that you'll be satisfied and it'll be like 4am in the morning lol. Over excited to sleep because you can't believe how the book ended.

True true!

You know, I'm going to take this as a suggestion and will put a pen and a notebook right next me just in case. Because honestly I feel, just like, my brainy ideas just pop out of no where at that time lol. It should be the other way round though xD

Thanks for your awesome comments you guys =D

Anonymous said...

I think too much is when you start making a movie out of your thoughts! xD
(It is true for me! =P)

If you see yourself thinking for over 30 minutes over one thing after another, then I think we have reached the "too much thinking" part.

I try my best to tire myself WHILE I am on my bed by playing PSP, chatting with friends or trying to see where my thinking goes (as long as it doesn't keep repeating itself or an Indian movie goes in progress! xD)

as you said, to stop thinking we need to do something. I usually drink water and some of the thoughts so that is a good start for me! =D

IHMD said...

Don't laugh at my comments, I'm very serious, tough guy, now I will not form a support group as a punishment for insulting my macho-ego :P lol, btw hehehe G-chan Dexter would make me think more, watch something that is really boring, may be like Grey's Anatomy now that almost immediately makes me fall asleep.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Squinty: film hindi?! xD
Yeah that's too much. Well said anyways!

IHMD: loool! Sorry I won't laugh again =P Awain *you're macho-ego*

Dexter makes me think also, so that's why I never sleep until nightfall again. Yeah crazy I know, but once you see that it's worthless to sleep at a very late time and especially if you're going to be waking up early then there's no point yah. lool, you watch Grey's Anatomy?! =P

IHMD said...

lol don't be sorry. I actually don't like Grey's anatomy. I hate medical darams in general. I like many sitcoms, Heroes, Prison Break and Ugly Betty :)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Prison Break ruled all!!
I think it's the only series I watched then I was told about Dexter lol. But it didn't allow me to sleep one night. I had the last 2 episodes of the final season and I just had to watch them. Finished at 2am couldn't sleep afterwards from the shock =P

I want to watch heroes...hmm

cK said...

i so feel ya ! it takes me 3-5 hours to get some sleep ,some times never, thinking from every detail from the day till years far away to the future =P i guess watching a movie & reading with slow music will help some sleep to come !

Enas Satir said...

well, that makes me feel good, and kinda normal..lool
so am not the only one suffering from insomnia..
but i solve this problem through two ways:
1- i make myself physically tired by walking up n down the house..
or
2- read a book.. not an exciting book.. just a boring-enough book..
works like a charm :P