May 30, 2009

Here I come: Oman & Jordan


I was supposed to post this on the 26th but a lot of things happened so I ended up forgetting about it and blogging about R instead =\

Anywho, exactly what the title says. My family and I are going to be traveling from NZ all they way to sweet sweet but HOT (=\) Oman and Jordan. Honestly I've got these mixed feelings in me about this whole trip. Like, I'm excited and all but at the same time, I'm like =S this is big. Haven't travelled in while. Things have changed...so on.

We're going to see relatives (Jordan) who we (bros and I) haven't seen for a really long while (since 2003 =\). Go around Jordan and visit all its historical places, and so on. Plus there's Oman...I MISS OMAN!!! I'm actually more excited for Oman than Jordan, which is funny because I'm staying longer in Jordan than in Oman (5 days out of 23...I think it's 23 days). Last time I was in Oman was on January 2006. So I'm sure it's all changed and stuff.

Distribution of days as follows:
~ First stop Oman #Days = 2
~ Second stop Jordan #Days = 16
~ Third stop back to Oman #Days = 3
~ Fourth and final stop NZ -_____-
What am I going to do in Oman for the first stop? Buy a Phone (and burn my 6630 xD), a camera, visit a beach (!), eat Ista6ambooli shawarma (!), a Supreme Zinger, BBQ-ed 7abbar with tamerin sauce (<3) (!) and most importantly meet up with some close friends who I haven't seen since 2006 =( I'd like to go to the cinema but maybe there's not much time for that..who knows *eyeing Faith =P* Also I gotta get as much rest as possible...going to be so jet lagged. The trip is direct from Aussie to Dubai; 14 hour flight. I'm so not looking forward to that >.< but I am looking forward to all the movies I could possibly watch *huge smile*

As for Jordan...things will just happen by themselves...there's no specific plan really. But we know where we want to go, see, visit and what we want to eat! lol.

I've decided to stay away from the net/laptop for the entire duration I'm overseas, especially in Jordan...internet tech is not so WOW there, and I've also decided to buy a little book to write everything I do and happens in it so that when I'm back in NZ I'd update this blog about the trip.

Yaay! I seriously don't know what to expect, what I'll see...WHO I'll see, so on. So this is the "thrill" of it all =D

Countdown: 28 Days to go

Shot by: ~inspelad

10 comments:

Nadia said...

Safe Trip :-) Make sure you go to Jawharat Al Shatti in Qurum and head to Gelato De Bruno Cafe and have the fererro gelato! to die for.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Thank you very much! =)

I'd definitely like to visit those places. Hope I get the chance to!

<3

Muggle said...

yay that's exciting :D! Who knows, you might accidently bump into the famous Muggle and your whole trip would be transformed haha.

But no seriously you can't not upadte your readers for a whole month! Although I know the feeling of not wanting to waste your holiday on the internet. It's kinda hard for me to do though hehe.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Tee-hee, that would be cool! ^^

Seriously, just the thought of it Muggle is hard enough! xD I hope I'm able to do it! Maybe not in Oman, but at least in Jordan. I'm sure in Jordan we'd have to go to an internet cafe lol...naaaah! Not so *exciting* lol.

nosa said...

have a super duper safe trip n enjoy the heat of the gulf b3eeda 3n the freezing weather of NZ :p

i wish i can some to oman! i wana seee my uni frinds..
hey if ur still in sbla meet up with the peeps from there! it should be fun!

n cheer up about jordan.. im sure u'll have fun !

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Thanx you!!

I hope it'll be great! ^^

cK said...

no updates for a month, thats bad ! i hope you enjoy it here in oman even though its boiling :/ ! Check out B+f and DQ =D

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

I know it's boiling!! *cires*

So freaking out about that. I don't like hot weather!

Will try to check those places out ^^ They better be good!

Amarant said...

wow not been to jordan since 2003 and not been to oman since 2006 ?!!!

this is going to be BIG!!!

im sure u'll enjoy it a lot ;)


oh aand i dont think beaches are recommended in this time of the year (FREAKEN HOT) :P

im sure you will enjoy it and waiting for your blog entries about it ;)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Amarant it is BIG!! >.< To the point that am actually nervous...don't know why =S

I will take your advise about the beach lol.

Thanx! Inshallah it will be great. Stay tuned =D