Sep 28, 2008

Meet Waqas!

You all are probably wondering who is Waqas...this is Waqas!

My new guitar! Waqas means warrior (just found that out) and that name just ROCKS! One of my favorite names.

I've been wanting a guitar for quite a while now (and have been wanting to learn it for like...forever) , so I made up my mind and said in the summer (which is in November) I'm gonna get a full time job (Inshallah) and save up money to get a guitar! I shared this idea of mine to the closest people to me (number 1 is Sara). I don't know what was going through her head this girl...but all I can say is that my birthday came really really early this year (birthday in November). I basically got the biggest surprise ever. You know when you want something really really bad and it's suddenly in front of you...that kinda SHOCK/SURPRISE. The guitar is one of the two things I wanted this year. So here's what happened. I got a txt last Friday:

Sara: "G can you please come over. I had a huge fight with *insert name here*."
G: "Ya satir. 3ala shoo?" *At this point my heart fell into my stomach.*
Sara: "*insert another name here*"
G: "Uuuf 3ala *the other name here*...be there asap just gotta pray."

So anyways, I prayed and went to Sara's house. Knocked on the door and Sara freakishly opens it straight away...I was O.O

G: "Hi..." *in a soft low voice*
Sara: Just smiling at me.
G: -____- *stares at Sara*
Sara: "Just stay there for a sec."
G: "What the hell is going on?"

Sara goes and comes back carrying a guitar shaped cardboard box.

Sara: "This is for you!!!!!"
G: O.o.....

Then it all sunk in...and I went craaaaaazy! Only Sara can explain the reaction XD
Then it became worse...Sara opened the box and I saw the guitar...it was Black. EXACTLY what I wanted. My craziness became crazier.

Then Sara's flat mate came out and started shouting.

FM: "I KNEW ABOUT IT HAHAHAHAHA."

I just could not believe Sara! What a sweet heart and a crazy girl for buying me a guitar. I couldn't stop thanking her! *goes to corner and cries*

To Sara: YOU RUUUUUULE!!! =D

So yea...since Friday all I've been doing is learning stuff about the guitar. I went out and got it tuned because I'm still a "noob" and I don't know how to tune a guitar. The music shop was AMAZING! My eye's were about to pop out of their sockets at all the amazing guitars there. This old dude (awesome dude) came and helped me. Told me what picks to start out with (Pick of destiny =p). He gave me 2 picks. One is 50mm and the other 60mm. As I get used to the playing I can get stronger picks. He also told me to buy a tuner...so I can learn how to tune my own guitar. I was stoked! So far I've learned the intro of 2 songs.

1- Stone sour - Through the glass.
2- Linkin Park - In the end.

I still have a problem with moving between frets and strings. But so far so good!

Yup!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Lol =P

I don't think I ever heared anyone say omg so many times in 1 mintue xD Ana wagfa waiting for you to take your guitar oo inti you're walking in cricles sitting down standing up walking around in circles again, and saying omg through and crying the whole time xD

Yalla ... you deserve it =P Hope you and Waqas live a passionate love story together lol

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

ROFL! And here is the reaction explanation!

Thaaaaanx Saraaaaaaa!

NiGhTFaCe said...

And I thought its classical guitar.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Naaaaaah!
Acoustic all the way :D

NiGhTFaCe said...

Nooo! Classical all the way, so we can play some Flamenco! Olé!! =D

Anonymous said...

Awwww,allah y5leekum le ba3a'9 inshallah. & mabrooook 3ala the guitar, you should record some sound clips of your playing and share it with us ;).

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

LOL!
Thanx Wolfeya!

Sound clips is an idea!
See what I can do!

:)

Salima Al Masrouri said...

Hahaha mabrook ya um waqas..Nice name ;) Outlandish haaa? :p

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Very nice name la!

Yea one of the dudes is called Waqas...that's the first time I heard the name. He's not my fav though...3e9am is =p

Thank you faithooooooo!