Sep 22, 2008

Omani Coffee!

I feel like..."Shish kebab"! I think this is going to be the most tiring day...*sigh*

The Muslim club held a Iftar (break fast) at uni yesterday. It was great fun. Food was ULTRA chili...and for the first time I tried Anchovies. HOLY! It's so strong! So yea...we ate, talked, prayed...good fun and nice to meet people from different countries! Then an Omani dude (classmate) brought us this huge kettle (what ever it's called) full of Omani coffee. I said to myself:

G-Chan: "Hey why not...I'll go try some."

So I did. First I had a smaaaaall cup. It was really nice. Then after cleaning up 7:45pm or something I decided to drink more. So I filled up a huge cup (XD) and drank it. I enjoyed it...even though I knew it's gonna keep me up all night...I still drank (such a cow XD). Elmuhim (anyways) went home...chatted to people (-___-), processed my messed up COMP325 assignment in Microsoft word, and.....don't remember what else I did. When it was "time to sleep"...unshockingly and unsuprisingly (if there are such words). I was devastated (XD)...so I ended up starting a drawing for a friend. I'll share it when it's done....IT'S TAKING AAAAGES THOUGH! Taking the longest time so far...and it's not even half complete.I ended up drawing till 2am. Got into bed and set the timer to 4am to wake up for so7oor. Had 2 hours and 1 minute for sleep *cries*.

So7oor came....finished everything I needed to do then didn't go back to sleep...cos I knew if I did it would kill me when I wake up in the morning. So here I am...had chatted to 2 people (who i really enjoyed talking to), worked some more on the drawing and now blogging...am dizzy and talking/writing Gibberish so probably half the stuff (if not most) doesn't make sense.

Lesson learned from all of this:

- Learn from previous mistakes and don't repeat them.
- If coffee really gets to you....never drink it after 6pm (or even earlier).
- Sleep is very important.

4 comments:

Salima Al Masrouri said...

Shish Kabab xD

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

XD

Yes Shish kebab!
New word in my dictionary!

XD

NiGhTFaCe said...

I avoid drinking Omani coffee, for what reason I don't know =S

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Well this was the first time I try it...and it was very nice (especially if you hate something sweet with it). I just found out that we're supposed to only have a tiny cup not the normal sized cups you buy from Cafes XD