Sep 19, 2008

Secret Jungle

For 3 years...THREE YEARS...Sara and I have been studying at Waikato University and today we just discovered this amazing "secret jungle" situated in front of home-base (the labs...R-Block).

This is what happened.

The whole day we were sitting in the labs "trying" to do work. I got really bored and tired of sitting in the lab, so I told Sara lets go for a walk...get some fresh air. After a little complaining from Sara:

Sara: "we are not leaving R-block...will just walk in side."
G-chan: "-____________-"

we left the lab and reached the entrance....

Sara: "Heeeey! I said we're not leaving R-block!!!!"
G-chan: "Yaaallaaa..."
Sara: "Okay fine...bes in ONE condition!" *Pointing one finger*
Sara: "You have to follow me."
G-chan: "6ayeb OK! Let's just go."

So Sara walked and I followed. Sara went to a place that is opposite home-base and kept on walking and I followed...then we saw the entrance (laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah) *holy music*. Naaaah it was just stairs that led you down to a Jungle! So we started going down the stairs in complete O.O...I suddenly remembered I don't have my phone and this looks adventurous XD (want to take photos) so I went back to the lab (Sara stayed back) and got my phone. Ran back to Sara and started shooting!





This last picture is one of the scariest plants I have ever seen. It's actually black with brown "fur" that can be erased when touched. The huge "poles" reminded me of the tentacles in that movie...what's it called...uuum...the Tom Cruise one where they got attacked by these robotic aliens (War of the Worlds??). Anyways it was those robotic alien tentacles that i remembered XD It was pretty scary. I dared Sara to touch the fur. She was scared at first (wants to do it and doesn't want to at the same time)...but she was brave enough and she did and started screaming out:

Sara: "CAT FUR!!! IT'S LIKE CAT FUR."
G-chan: *laughing*

And she goes and touches it again.

Sara: "Touch it...it's really soft."
G-chan: extending out my hand.

It is like cat's fur...which is sooooo weird. A plant with cat fur.
I accidently SMUDGE the brown "fur" and it disappeared and all I saw is the black color o.O

It was fun and funny. Heard funny noises also...noises made by HUMEN BEINGS!O.o XD

So yea...we couldn't believe that this all was in front of home-base.
After that we walked back to the labs cheered up. When we left the jungle, the weather was so warm and sunny. I swear it felt like a different world in there. It was quite cold but nice!

So there you go.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Aren't you glad you followed me =P

Man I've been wanting to walk down that path ever since first year. I was always curious as to what it lead to. I finally know! YAY!

We should have lunch there sometime =P Grab us sushi, run up the evil hill and sit on the bench infront of the stream.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Lol!

Oi the lunch sounds soooooo good!
5alas you got a deal.

Ah the stream was gorgeous!

Haha! Who knew that there was a jungle.

=D

Anonymous said...

That does sound like an adventure =p, can I tag along? (A)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

hehe!
Sure thing! The more the merrier!

:D