Oct 27, 2008

Anesthetic

For some reason today...I remembered 2 years ago when I had my little surgery for my teeth.
Here's the story.

It was a cold, dark, windy night....Just kidding XD

I was 18...and about to get braces =(
Apparently my dentist told me (after a few x-rays) that I had a baby tooth stuck in my upper gum and that it's changed it's position. Instead of it lining up vertically, it went horizontal and started moving to the right in my gum! Now that was a total shock to us. I'm like what the hell??
18 + baby tooth = an 18 year old baby tooth???? How is that even possible you know. So anyways it was decided that I needed to go through a hardcore surgery so that they can extract the baby tooth from the gum. It was a surgery because there was gonna be some cutting, and blood and I don't know what =p So obviously was gonna get an Anesthetic! =O XD

So anyways...the day came for the surgery. Went to the private hospital. Sat down and waited for a nurse. Mama and Baba were with me btw =D. So anyway, the nurse came, took me to a room and told me to change into the dress that patients wear at the hospital. I looked at her and was like "Are you kidding me?!!O.o". Nah...said that in my head. XD

So got into the dress and FAR OUT!! It was quite short and ugleh...I was so frigging embarrassed!! XD
I got into bed quickly, covered up and just waited with my parents. I was huuuuungry. They told me not to eat 24 hours before the surgery. There's a reason for that...that I will spare you the details from XD

Anyways...my surgeon came all jolly and happy. Which freaked me out...but he was an awesome dude. Talked to me, checked if I was alright, and told me and my parents about what's gonna happen. Then my Anesthetic doctor came. OK...this dude totally reminded me of Jack Sparrow, except no dreadlocks. He had this colorful as bandanna on that did not match his surgery outfit! He was a nice guy as well. So I felt OK.

Mama just kept on saying Du3a2...like non-stop. Every time I looked at her she had this cute little sad face on and as if she's about to cry. I kept telling her it's gonna be OK...it's just a baby tooth!! XD But she wouldn't take it. So then after the talk with the doctors...they took me away. I was still lying on the bed. It was a moving bed hehehe! Some ride. Got dizzy though =S

Then suddenly the nurse that was pushing the bed stopped outside the room of the surgery and told me.

Nurse: "Follow me into the surgery room Please."
Me: O.O

In my head again "Are you kidding me??". I embarrassingly got out of the bed, bare footed, with the short ugly hospital dress, and slowly and awkwardly walked over to the "surgery bed" while trying to cover up my feet. LOOOL!! Oh goodness it was so embarrassing XD
After what felt like ages...got to the bed, got on it and lay there waiting for the surgery to happen. I saw the doctors washing their hands O.O...I felt like I was in ER or something. Anesthetic doctor came and stood next me.

ADoc: "Hey! You ok?!? =D"
G: "Yup"
ADoc: "Do YOU know what I had for breakfast today!!?!!? A blueberry muffin! *sighs* It was so lovely!"
G: "Damn yooooooou" <- In my head. What I actually said was "Oh! Why do you have to be like that?" And some nurses came to tell him off. LOL! ADoc: "Ok we're gonna start now. What I'm gonna do is give you the anesthetic and you will not feel a thing in like 30seconds." <- he said this in a more proffessional way...I just don't remember XD. G: "O....K"
ADoc: "Here we go."

I got a little prick....and HOLY MOLY!! I felt the thing in like 5-10seconds. It moved straight up to my NECK! I totally felt it in my neck. Everything started becoming numb...and I went from =O to =)

ADoc: "You ok? Tell me if you feel anything."
G: No comment...just staring at the doctor and smiling. Like literally smiling.
ADoc: Raises an eyebrow and asks "Do you feel anything?"
G: After a few seconds pause I gave a little nod.

That's it. That's all I remember from the surgery part.

Nurse: "Ghofran dear...wake up."
G: nothing.
Nurse: "Ghofran...come on dear...time to wake up."

Damnit....I got so angry with her. I just wanted to continue sleeping. It was nice sleeping and not having to worry about anything around me or any noise that could wake me up. I opened my eyes a little bit and felt I had so much Oxygen going into my lungs. So I knew that there was that oxygen thing on my mouth...what's it called?? I don't know...but it was really really nice. Very comforting and made breathing effortless XD Then the nurse took it off me and I got even more angry with her! -___-

Got taken back to my room on the bed. My mom and dad were there waiting for me (God bless them LOVE THEM SO MUCH!). Mama got shocked when she saw me. But happy that I was alright and awake. A nurse got me some Ice-cream, but didn't enjoy it AT ALL cos it tasted like bleeeeeeeeeh *makes disgusted face* and my mouth was full of blood =(. I was starving...and could eat a WHOLE chicken. But it turned out I'm not allowed to eat solids for like 3-4 days. It was all soup and yoghurt and ice-cream and I don't know what.

I wanted to go home right away...because I was in such a bad mood and felt disgusting XD So got dressed slowly (any sudden or quick moves can make blood come out of my nose or something) and left. Got home, got into PJ's, went into the bathroom to wash my face and this is where I saw my face. My face....*sigh* What can I tell you about my face. It was absolutely horrible. LOL! Now I understand why mama was shocked when she saw me! It looked like I just did plastic surgery but everything went wrong XD One side of my face (my left side) was absolutely PUFFED! EVERYTHING. The cheeks...the LIPS!! Oh my god the LIPS were the worst thing. LOOOL! I just stood there looking at my face in =O...

So yea...I remembered this today and just started laughing at how I was reacting to everything!
Thank god those days are over -___- XD

LOL! END OF STORY!! Finally la...goodness I think this is the longest post yet! XD

--------------------------

Anesthetic: drugs that cause the loss of feeling or sensation.

=D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anesthetic ~ wondering of those drugs are sold in local pharmacy , if you have any idea dont hesitate to let me know.

Nice long post btw

keep it up Kohai.


Soulless.

Amarant said...

looooooool at the story

i know why u cant eat food in the 24 hrs b4 surgery =P
(but here they tell you 9 hours is enough)

and believe me, i went through all this embarresment thing in my 1st surgery, then after that, it was routine, i never think about it ;)

oh and in ANY surgery, u would look horrible after it,,,,

LA ❤ said...

El7amdulillah 3assalama! *mu2a5aran ;P*

I know that feeling when the needle is inserted into the side of your mouth, it feels like it goes in endlessly! As if it'll come out of the other side of your neck!
*Had at leaaast 5 needles in my mouth =P*

Heh, and the ice cream, that should've been a messy ride *been there too =P*

It's great that you had a considerate and fun team for the surgery.

At least your done with it all =)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Soulless: I think it would be nice...but seriously they use this stuff for surgery only! XD

Thanx

Ama: Thank you! Hope the surgery's went well with you :D

lil me: thaaaanx!!
Nooo the needle was not insterted in my mouth. It was on the arm. They FULLY put me out! FULLY!!

5 needles...tortureous! =O

Yea 7amdulellah! Thanx =D

sensation said...

Now this was fun to read! LOL
a7la shai when the nurse instructed you to follow her into the surgery room in your ugleh short dress! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! :XD:
>> I almost fell off my chair when I reached there! :XD::XD:

You keep on doing your thing! :p
i mean writing those hilarious posts! :D

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Look who stopped by! =D

It was so funny and embarrassing at the same time! LOL.

Glad you liked it!
Thanx!

=D

Anonymous said...

Loool G you're so cute I swear xD. Ahhh thank God I didnt go through any dental surgery yettt!

The only surgery I went through was for my tonsils xD.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

LOOOL!!

7amdulellah!!! And mashallah ba lash you jinx yourself ;) xD