Oct 20, 2008

Deja Vu

Definition: The phrase "Deja vu" is French for "already seen" and is used to refer to when a person experiences the feeling that they have seen, experienced, or been someplace before even when they are sure that that is not really true. So, for example, a person who arrives at a new city they have never before visited may experience deja vu on a street, experience the intense feeling that they have been on that street at some point in the past.

Some people who believe in psychic phenomena also believe that the experience of deja vu is evidence of those phenomena. Some may claim that deja vu occurs because a person once saw such a street before remotely, but without realizing it. Others may claim that deja vu is a result of reincarnation - in a past life, the person *did visit that city and that street before.

-----------------------------

I truly hate this feeling...from my heart! I've had so many, that I'm so sick of them. The reason why I hate it is because I always try to remember where I've seen this...."thing" before. Either if it was a dream, a thought...whatever. And it's such a pain trying to remember because it's impossible to do so!!

So BLEEEEH to Deja vu!

=p

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it when I have a Deja Vu!!! I also heard that when the baby is in ba6en his mother his/her whole life is shown to him/her, thats why in your life you feel like you've seen this place..etc before!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

HOLY!!!
Really?! Wow!
That's quite awesome :p

I'm totally sick of them right now!
Maybe if I was given a break for like a year or 2 then it would be ok!
XD

NiGhTFaCe said...

For me its not about seeing places. Its more about incidents or events happening again or actually its me thinking that it happened before.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Yea even that NF!!

:S Such a weird thing isn't it!

LA ❤ said...

It happens to me a lot and I too love it! Keeps me on the edge of wanting to know what it reminds me of ;P

Whether it was an incident, something said, a place or even a thing.

Lol at the 'given a break for a year or 2' =P

~ PiZzaZz

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Heeeeey Lil me!!!!

So happy that you stopped by...so gonna check out your blog ;)

Imagine I had another Deja vu of a Deja vu yesterday =O I swear not kidding....and it made me even moooore angry!!

Yeah a lot of ppl say they like them! I guess I'm the only one :S

Thanx for stopping by!!! :D

LA ❤ said...

God ur such a cracker =P

"A deja vu of a deja vu!"

Heh seriously, that made my evening ;P

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

LOOOOL!!!

But i'm serious :(

:p

Amarant said...

lol wallah Deja Vu is really a wierd thing ...


i've heard 2 interpretations:

- the thing WD said, that you see your whole life b4 u were born.


the 2nd interpretation is complicated but here it goes:

- there's an area in ur brain, responsible for memories and linking them,,,, it takes a memory from ur brain, n tells u that u've seen it before.
sometimes that area miss-functions, and keeps telling you: "u've seen this before" when u didnt!

sound realistic to me ...

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Oooh!

Nice interpretation Ama! It does quite make sense.

:)