Oct 14, 2008

The last week

eeeeeeeeeh!!! *what a boring blog...who talks about weather?! XD*

So it's the last week of Uni before the exams start. Three more days to go, but I have a feeling they're going to be the looooongest 3 days (grace =P). Got loads and loads of assignments. Due at once *rips out hair*. Next week we get a week off, not a vacation, but a "study week". That's what it's called. A whole week to prepare for exams. Exams don't start until Tuesday the 28th of October (not Monday because it's labour day, and that's a public holiday). I'm taking 3 papers and for this semester all my papers have exams (last semester had only 1 exam...it was bless XD). I think I have one on the 30th or the 31st....need to check, second exam on the 5th and the last exam on the 6th. Then freeeeeeedom. A holiday from the 6th of November till the 26-27th of Feburary. Yes! Four (holds out 4 fingers) months...almost anyway!!!

Plans for the summer:
~ Getting a full time job.
~ Spending time with family and friends.
~ Become a pro guitarist =p

Update on Waqas:
So far I know how slowly/partially play:
~ Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californiacations (intro)
~ Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (full song)
~ Three Days Grace - Animal I have become (almost full song...so awesome to play!!)
~ Happy Birthday
~ Godsmack - Hollow (finally manged to get the intro tune...like half an hour ago. I don't know the song).
~ Justin Timberlake - Love Stoned (almost full song....love playing it)
~ Clint Masell - Requim for a dream (Awesome song...quite hard to play cos have to use frets 15, 17 and 18)

So during the summer...I'll practice these and perfect them (except for Happy Birthday...it's too easy XD) also I would like to learn:
~ Seether ft. Amy Lee - Broken
~ 3 Doors Down - Hear with out (seems hard this one)
~ Saving me - Nickleback

I want to share the so called recordings....bes too embarressed XD (and don't know how to insert a recording in this thing).
So maybe in the summer XD

Yeah!

8 comments:

Lily said...

yayy same here, one more week
..then exams >.<'
I finish on the 10th.. going home on the 12th inshallah
yaayyy! Im so excited, such a long holiday =D
I so want to hear you playing with waqas! (love most of the songs you chose)
haha you work on being a pro guitarist and me a pianist, we can then try playing something together someday =p

Allah yewafe8na jamee3an
study well
gambattene! ^_^
(oh and it’s twinkle)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Very very long holiday la!!!

How exciting *hyper*!!!

It's awesome that you want to be a pro at the piano...we should form a rock band \m/

Good Luuuuuuck with your exams.
Inshallah they go smoothly for all of us!!!

Thanx for stopping by!!!

=)

Phat'Hi said...

I'm happy for you =).

Haven't heard of you for a long time. Shedy 7elyk wela bajy badfenyk!

I'm also happy you are getting the grip of hollow, its the best thing to help you strumming.

However, I might send you PDF files from a book I hae to turn you into a real pro in guitar ^_^. You just inform me whenever, please do well.


Sayonara. Ardaf-chan :).

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Ya mama!
Walak 5awafitnee!!! *You scared me*

A 5ala9 Hollow is so awesome. I got the grip of the first part of the intro (you know how the song starts out) the second part needs a lot more work (cos it changes a lot you know what I mean).

As for the PDF send when ever! No problema...I would psyched about it! \m/

Thaaaaaaaaaanx ---fs-sama ;) *You fill in the spaces :p)

Anonymous said...

Heeey! I miss your blog! =D

Good luck in your exams, allah ywaf8esh Inshallah, make the most of the week off to study and everything, cause your going to have a seriously LONG holiday!! I'm jeeeeeeeealous! =p

I still insist that you upload an audio record of your playing!I'm sure you are good!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Thank you sweety!!!

I did try uploading a recording yesterday...bes unfortantely for you guys it didn't work!

I'll see what I can do OK!!

:D

Anonymous said...

Yaaay I'll be waiting for it! =D

Give this a listen, and try to learn it, its sooooooo goooood! (L)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeAB00szD4E&feature=related

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Oh wow!
I'm loving the song!
YOU Missy have good taste in music.
Will do my best to learn it :D