Feb 17, 2009

Babies...do they dream?

So today morning, my mother and I went to visit a family to congratulate them on the new born baby girl...aaaaaw! She is so cute, and very tiny! Only a week old. I really really love kids...especially the ages 0-3 years. They're so cute and sweet.

The poor girl was so sleepy, so at one time I just took her, held her in my arms and kind-of rocked her softly to help her sleep while the "older" woman talked at the food table. Seriously, there was something wrong with her =( I just felt that she wasn't feeling good. She'd fall asleep, then wake up from some pain or something. After 10 minutes of holding her and walking around slowly/softly I hear and felt the loudest/biggest FART I've ever heard coming from a BABY at this REALLY small age and size. It went for 5 seconds at least. I just froze on the spot and kind of freaked out for a bit thinking that "something" might've came out and is sitting/smudging on my favorite black sweater xD Thankfully...I think she just had gases....very bad gases. After that little...actually BIG "let out" xD I put her in position that could be comfortable for her...and she slept =)

I just sat there, moving my legs from side to side in a soft/slow way to help her with the sleeping...stared at her and started thinking; "What is she dreaming about?"

Then I started thinking about other related things like:

"Do babies even dream? If they do, what do/could they dream about exactly? Can they have nightmares? Do they even fear "anything" since they don't know what is bad for them or what is scary?"...List goes on. I just sat there looking at her, moving her hands, eyebrows, eyes under eyelids, etc, thinking "What is she seeing right now in her sleep?"....interesting right?

So I decided to do a little research about the whole thing and no body seems to know or explain anything about it. It's all "Unknown". They just assume that babies do dream....

Then I saw her hands, and compared them with mine...
My hands are so giant like xD

Lol! Cute right! <3

2 comments:

NiGhTFaCe said...

Yeah they dream & stop analyzing!


Comparing a monster's hand to a little angel =P

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Ma fee monster '3erak enta =P