Feb 6, 2009

[What's this?] Something about it

Now I don't hate the "innernet" (internet =P)....but here's something I don't like about it =D

Misunderstandings (O.O big word =P), facial expressions and tones!!

*Misunderstandings:

I've come across these quite often either when I'm chatting to someone or e-mailing someone. Especially if the "conversation" was serious. It's either I'm the one who misunderstands the person I'm talking to or the other way around. Now the thing is, these misunderstandings could lead to hurting the other person, angering them which may lead to some kind of za3al between the 2 people. Then we try to explain our selves...clearly and try to convince to one another that something else was meant.

After that it can go one way out of 2:

1- Things are sorted, everyone is happy and the conversation continues as if nothing had happened.

2- It goes downhill...where one of the 2 people doesn't believe the other or something. This is where the other "I hate" comes in =P

*Facial expressions and tones:

When you're talking to someone in real life you can see their expressions and the sort of tone they're speaking in...right? So this kind of helps with not misunderstanding (even though you might not know what's in the person's head) one another. Now, e-mails and sometimes chatting on msn/yahoo/etc, lack these "important" factors (expressions and tones =P)....in my opinion that is. Well, for me, facial expressions and the tone of voice tell me a lot of things when I'm talking to someone.

Talking about this won't change anything though xD
Though to avoid it...we can just be careful with what we're saying and who we're saying it/talking to (especially if they were sensitive) or when it's a serious topic meet up with the person instead xD

That's the end of my rant =D

------------------

Time is going super slow today...far out *sigh*
I really miss the rain!

4 comments:

Amarant said...

lol I (and most likely most internet users) know what you are talking about

the problem is, sometimes, the misunderstanding goes for soooo long that it's hard to continue talking after the understanding happens :S

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

eeeeexactly @ the misunderstanding going for so long...

=)

NiGhTFaCe said...

Use a webcam & a mic! =D

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

lol obviously NFace!

That's why I said sometimes

=D