Feb 3, 2009

It's funny how...

...you haven't seen or kept in touch with a friend for a really really long time. Then suddenly there's a chance of meeting up with them again. When you do meet up, the conversations are ENDLESS!! You don't get those awkward silences...it's just constant talking without any sort of formality or anything.

Now this friend of mine was the first friend I befriended when I was in my last year of high school back in 2005. We were (still are) very close back then and oh wow were we crazy!!! Last time we saw each other was at her wedding *cries* which was about a year ago and a few months (15 December 2007). We haven't been in touch either except for a hello now and then when it's some kind of specially occasion =( I know crappy right...there is no excuse to not stay in touch with friends! Since it's the summer holidays, she flew in from Dunedin (where she studies with her hubby...it's in the south island...miles and miles away from Hamilton) to see her family who are living in Hamilton. She got in touch with me through e-mail (her phone was messed up) and we ended up setting a time and date to meet up.

The "reunion" was today =P and oh my God it was PURE AWESOMENESS!! We totally enjoyed the time...and all we did was just talk and eat =P...for hours and hours (5 hours to be exact =D). The conversations just never ended. We talked about everything, from music, to cooking, to marriage life, POLITICS, summer holidays, school days, friends we haven't been in touch with...list goes ON!!!

I just found this all such a nice yet a weird (in a good way)...thing. You'd kinda expect things to go not so SO great due to being so far away from each other and the lack of communication between each other through out the years =)

I'm just glad I got to see my friend again...it's been a while (*sings Stainds song =P*) since I've talked (about ANYTHING/EVERYTHING) to someone and laughed SO MUCH (=O) with someone like this before!!! It was good =)

I truly miss all my friends that are living in different cities and those that are living in other countries...especially those in Jordan and Oman *cries*

In a happy mood + giggly (due to the extreme amount of food eaten xD)

---------------------

Damn it...we were walking through these clothing shops at some time and I heard SO many good techno songs that I've never heard before...and I have no idea how to hunt them down (6)

=D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww thats so sweet! I def know how it feels to finally meet up with this really great friend and end up having such a fabulous time! I'm sure that all the friends that you have around the world truly miss you too!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

thanx hun!

=)

Amarant said...

yup it happens with me as well (since i have different groups of friends)

i met up with some friends yesterday, that havent seen for few months, and it was great (but we spent 8 hrs, beat ya!) :P

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

loool!!! 8 hours is too much >.< but akeed so much fun!!

I swear while we were talking it was in my head "this is so friggin awesome and weird cos I haven't spoken to this girl for ages". I wanted to blurt it out but I was like meh...don't want to jinx it. I might kill the whole thing >.<

xD