Mar 5, 2009

Mini concert at uni

After our COMP442 lecture today, Sara and I headed out to the food area to get some food. It turned out that there were a number of bands from all over the north island have come to our dear Waikato university to play some live gigs. I got pretty excited, because I saw some drums, and a couple of GORGEOUS guitars so totally wanted to check it out. Stage was huge and speakers were huger =D
So we went and got some DELICIOUS Sushi *day dreams of sushi* found a table in a perfect place next to the stage where we can see everything, and devoured our delicious lunch while they were setting things up.

Then it started!

The Thomas Oliver Band

They're a kiwi band so they won't be known World Wide...but I came to find that they are pretty famous here in NZ. All I can say is that they were GREAT! They're music, beats, vocals, songs were amazing. Sara and I totally enjoyed their 5 songs that they played. They are pretty talented. What's also awesome about them is how they were PERFECTLY in Sync O.O...that was awesome!!!

Sadly, I have a crappy/old phone (Nokia6630...will be getting a new one soon inshallah), so the sound/video quality are pretty bad =( But will share anyway..



Awesome right!!
The crazy person who was waving their hand in front of the phone was Sara xD
*check the related videos to hear their music* + *first youtube vid xD*

So after they finished playing...Sara and I sat there waiting for what looked like an emo-ish band to start their playing, till I turned to my right and I found the drummer of "The Thomas Oliver Band" standing between Sara and I (they saw me recording them I think, because he asked if I took any good pics) xD Had a small conversation with him which allowed us to find out more stuff about the band (who's it named after, it's name, when their album is coming out, etc).

The next band came on...and didn't like their music that much. So we left for home-base (R-block) to do some "work".

There are more concerts tonight (after half an hour), Sara and I wanted to go and take my bro with us...but the weather is terrifying. Wind and Rain O.O -________-

6 comments:

Sara said...

video quality is so disspointing =( doesnt do the band justice

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Exactly!!

=(

Amarant said...

true that the bad quality doesnt show the real performance of the band

but u can see that the rythem is nice and the beats are great as well...

god im so jealous!

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

yeah exactly...you can JUST hear the tune and beats...bes the song was so AWESOME life...and the way they were singing it! Just awesome.

You never know, I might be jealous from you soon ;)

Anonymous said...

They suck.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

So do you =)