Jan 29, 2009

Mixed emotions

Aargh today...

I woke at 8:42am this morning, in a really grumpy and annoyed mood (crappy sleep, crappy dream), quite early for a person on a summer holiday, had the tiniest breakfast in the history of "G-Chan's breakfasts" xD The "breakfast" consisted of 3 small pieces of Ma3mool and black current juice. Then I washed the dishes, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and started getting ready to go to uni. I was meeting upv(at 11:30am) with one of the Professor to discuss his topic that he'll be supervising...that I'm interested in in making my project for this year. He has been my lecturer before. I think he's good, helpful, etc, but he can get so boring (LOVE's going into detail...no kidding) sometimes. The meeting went really well, and I liked the topic more and more...so the probabilty of choosing this topic is very high!! I have one more lecturer to speak to before I can make a final decision.
The meeting finished at 12pm. I left quite happy with how the meeting went.

Here's a funny thing, I was running down the stairs (of G-Block...e7m e7m =P) when I heard someone running up the stairs. I cautioned myself, not wanting to crash into them. So I stuck to the wall and continued my way. It turned out to be one of those HARDCORE, computer wiz, and metal freak guys that I usually see around the labs. Yes, he wore a black t-shirt, dark dark jeans and had long, well condition frizzy hair. I swear to God, becuase he passed by so fast, his shampoo fragrance was caught in the air and entered my nostrils!! xD It smelt so good. His hair looked fresh, strong, shiny and just perfectly made xD I was THAT *holds out the thumb and index finger...small gap between them* close of asking him what shampoo he uses!! xD It totally reminded of this "Herbal Essences - Biker" ad. It's quite funny =P



I went into homebase (R-Block) afterwards, where the good ol' computers labs are. I tried logging into one of the computers but it turned that my account, in THAT lab, expired. The other labs were locked -____- So had to go all the way to the library to print what I needed to Print.

After printing, got into the car and drove to subway. Bought 3, 12-inch sandwiches =D 2 seafood (for Baba and Mama), 1 tuna (mine). I was starving by the time I got home (1pm) so I ate straight away. Getting subway for lunch when someone is going to leave the country has become a tradition in our family. Yes =( Baba is heading back to 3oman right now as I write this.

At 2pm we left for AUX airport (am I sick of going to AUX...or am I sick of going to AUX! =P). I felt absolutely normal. Like today was another day, another trip, drive, etc. This is the first time we drop Baba to the airport. Usually he takes a small shuttle...so the goodbyes are said at home. But this time (since it was the last time 7amdulellah...we'll be the one's travelling instead back and forth and then back to 3oman to live =D), we insisted to take him to the airport and promised him that we wouldn't cry. It was just Mama and myself. My bros both at work.

So got to the airport. Baba checked in. We sat at a cafe and had some drinks. After half an hour of talking and drinking it was time for Baba to get inside the "Passangers only" area so he can board his plane when the time came. Arrgh I hate this part.

Baba: "Yallah. We should say our goodbyes now".

Then it totally hit me that for sure he's going and I won't be seeing him tomorrow. He said goodbye to Mama first. She actually controlled herself from crying...and instead, turned tomato red from holding the tears back. Then it was my turn *cries* Being super emotional when it comes to these (only) sorts of things I can't help myself. I literally cried my eyes out (even though I knew that i'll see him in 4 months time)...but it's too hard. I know that this has been a routine for the past 4-5 years but wth!! It's one of those routines you just can't get used to.

I kissed both of his cheeks and hugged him so hard. He was advicing me as I did so.

Baba: "Look after yourself. Be good in your religon. Be there for your Mother. Be good with your brothers. Study hard. Get good grades. When you guys go back to Hamilton, don't drive like a crazy person *I giggle*. Be safe."

I couldn't say anything except for "Please take care of yourself! Allah Ma3ak.". My voice totally gave up on me. Then he was gone.
I held Mama's hand/arm to comfort her. But thankfully she was in control.

We left the airport at 5:05pm. Went to a Mall quite near the airport. Reached there at 5:40pm. Walked around a bit (bes bedoon nefs -____-). We got hungry so we ended up having some dinner in the food court (kebab, fries and drinks). Then started the drive home at around 6:50pm.

The drive back was fine. We talked a lot, just so we wouldn't have to think if we were silent (but we did have things to talk about, which is good and it was good).

We entered the house at 8:15pm (yes I reached Hamilton in almost an hour instead of 1 hour and a half =D....=P)...I started closing the curtains (it was getting dark) and Oh man!!! I could smell Baba's 3ood everywhere =(

Allah yewa9lak bel Salameh Inshallah!
Miss you. Love you!!! *cries*

*The time now is 10:45pm*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww <3

Allah y5leekum le ba3a'9 inshallah, dont worry, your dad will always be safe in oman =D.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Allah y5lee leena ya rab!! <3

I know he'll be safe in 3oman Inshallah!! ;)