Jan 25, 2009

Update of the Updates

Job Update: My employer hasn't been in contact with me for like a week, until recently.
I emailed her on Friday to check on any sort of updates. She was still over seas in Australia. Poor woman she, was on a Vacation. She emailed back saying that she wanted to see me this weekend - which was the only free time she had. So I sms'd asking her if Sunday at 11am be OK with her. It was OK. So yeah...I went and met up with her at her house and we got down to some business.

First thing she talked to me about was the Logo's I made her. I sent her 2 just to see if I was heading in the right direction with what she had in mind. So basically the ones I made were just...let's call them "demos". I was expecting some criticism/advice here and there. But it turns out that she really really LOVED (exaggeration from her...I was blushing =P) the second logo which looks like:

I know! It looks so simple and pretty average, but it turned out to be exactly what she wanted. She even went on some kind art-sy explanation about what each line/circle/color represented. I thought it was pretty cute and awesome =P As for me, I didn't have any thought of representation in my mind. I just....did it. All I know is that she wanted "Purity", "Natural", and "Water" for a logo.

I was pretty happy. My first logo...EVER, to go on my FIRST website...EVER!! *victory dance* I was pretty psyched about this all!!! *cries*
So the decision is made. This logo is going to be used on the new website.

I have quite a lot to do:
- Create a Pamphlet for the Institute which includes my logo.
- Update the first website that's already running on the Internet.
- Change the colors of the new website to match my logo.
- Change or make a new layout (experimenting) for the new website.

Awesomeness!

--------------------
Anger Update: My camera is DOWN *angry*...this sucks big time. I don't know what's wrong with it, but it wouldn't connect to my laptop (through it's usb cable). I keep getting "USB Device not recognized". So I tried it on the family computer. Same thing!! So obviously it's the camera. There are some awesome pics from our trip to Raglan (Yesterday) on there that I wanted to share...but it looks like that won't be happening anytime soon.

--------------------
Guitar Update: It's going really really well! For some reason my playing sounds better than before - especially the strumming. I'm trying to find time to record my latest...learn (Conflict at the Entrance - acoustic xD), since I'm actually proud of it, and share it. Though I loath the recording process...I keep making mistakes! =( xD

--------------------
Music Update: Gavin DeGraw...I know only 2 of his songs - "Chariot" and "I don't want to be" - but never knew his name xD. So yesterday as I was watching American Idol Season 8, a guy called Micheal Castro sung the song I'm going to share for his audition. I liked the song he sung so I YouTube-d it.

Gavin DeGraw - In Love with A Girl


N.B. No...I haven't forgotten about Staind *heart*. I'm still obsessed with the album. This is just a "mini" change =P

4 comments:

Muggle said...

1- I liked the song! I think I've heard it before when I was listening to I don't Wanna Be but I never really listened to it again. I didn't like it at first, but it did sound nice towards the end. Oh and I love Staind too :D.
2- Congrats on the logo! You seem to be managing a lot at the same time mashallah! Are you on your summer break? Haha, I always have all these plans and end up lazing around all day long. So good for you for actually using your time and enjoying yourself ;).

Fast_HacKinG said...

Congrats nii-chan :D

NiGhTFaCe said...

Simple, nice! I just think the lines are too much for the horizontal. Make them shorter maybe.

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

@ Muggle:
1- if you love staind then listen to his latest album "The Illusion of Progress" <3

2- Thank you so much! And yeah at the managing part. This is EXACTLY what I want. To be super busy =P Yeah on a looooong summer break. Got 1 more month to go before uni starts =D

-----------

@ FH-Kun: Thank you!! ^_^

-----------

@ NFace: !!!! Simple and nice coming from you is pretty awesome. Just tells me that I'm actually doing some thing good ;)
I will see what I can do about the horizontal lines.

^__^