Jan 8, 2009

Web Developer in 'da' house!!!

=P @ title xD

So I had applied for a job on Monday (sent a CV and coversheet) and the employer (a beautiful and nice lady) sent me an e-mail yesterday saying that she wants to meet up with me today. So 7amdulellah I met up with her and had a chat with her. Nothing formal, just a few questions on my experience and stuff. Oh, the job is creating a website from scratch and connecting that website to her another website.

She gave a puzzled look when I told her that this is my first hardcore web development job (come on...I have to be honest), the rest is just uni "experience" if you can even call it that. But because I sounded confident about it I think she relaxed.

After a few more questions, she just told me that she's giving the job to me...I was like O.O YAAAAAY (not literally. Just in my head =P). So then it was my turn to ask her the questions, since she's my "client" now and as a "web developer" (quotes intended...I seriously can't call myself that just yet =P). I asked her what she wanted the website to look like, and etc. She ended up giving me a pamphlet that has her website address on it. So she told me to check it out and that's how she'd like the website I'm making to slightly look like (though I'm going to do some major changes...to make my website more hardcore than her first =D). She also mentioned if she likes what I do she'll give me an ongoing part-time job while I'm at uni (to look after the website and update it).

A funny thing is, she told me that so many people have applied for this job and she chose me out everyone (even though my name was weird...lol) and my previous job experiences have nothing to do with Web development (so obviously no experience...just from studies) . She chose me because I was a female! lol. She wanted a female for this job and it seems I was the only one there xD I think this was the number one reason. Then the second reason would be that I'm a Computer Science student with a Web development background and studies.

SOOOOOOO 7amdulellah!!!! *cries* I'm really really glad that I was able to get this job and let's hope I do some good work (I'm confident about myself...though I don't want to be too confident just in-case =P) so that I can continue with her and get the experience I need for future jobs!!!

Her other website is very nice and simple!! The colors used are hadya (easy on the eyes colors) and good colors. I totally checked out the source codes of the website, and the person who made it made the layout of the whole website using tables -_________- You're not supposed to use tables to layout a page. Tables are used to store data.

Oh it's ONLY 5 hours a week (better than nothing) and they pay is good. Plus it could be on-going and 5 hours with a heavy uni schedule is bleeeeeess!!!!

7amdulellah!!!! (Thank you God)


I will enkele3 now xD

4 comments:

NiGhTFaCe said...

This lady is sexist! =P


Good luck =)

Anonymous said...

Mabroooook =D! Finally ha? I'm sure she chose you also cause you are really good at what you do mashallah =D.Really happy for you! =)

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

NFace: looooool....she's not!!! Thank you =)


Wolfeya: Yeah totally finally!! Thank you hun!!! Inshallah it goes well =D

Ayna said...

Sorry if I'm posting too late :p I'm too into your blog,

Mabrook sweety and Good luck!